Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have 95 z28 and need help please

car boggs at idle to 2000 rpms only at drive. when i floor it its runs fine
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOEFASTZ28
car boggs at idle to 2000 rpms only at drive. when i floor it its runs fine
well tell us a little about the car.......mine does that also but i think its because of the stock 2.73 gears and it only does it now that i have a cut out installed.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Teching In

i also have a cutout . I installed it 2years ago. The bogging started two days ago and i have 178.987 mile msd wires, msd 6al box ,moroso cai
Old 04-19-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOEFASTZ28
i also have a cutout . I installed it 2years ago. The bogging started two days ago and i have 178.987 mile msd wires, msd 6al box ,moroso cai
is your car a m6 or A4, i also think it might be my tranny going out i have a A4
Old 04-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine acted that way when the cat broke into pieces and clogged up. Might check that, idk.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe a fuel pump or filter
Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sdm1234
Be a good idea to check you fuel pressure
Old 04-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Teching In

thanks i'll check my cats. If it was a filter or pump it would bogg at high rpms.
I have an a4
Old 04-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Teching In

check my cat and they were fine as for my fuel pressure its fine .
I realise that it boggs only in drive could it be my tranny
Old 04-22-2007, 02:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sdm1234
thats what i also think
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by That_guy
thats what i also think
but it bogg only on drive and when it warm up
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

Check out some of this stuff -- I know the search doesn't work. Luckily I've showed this to quite a few people and it has helped.

It is hard to diagnose a stumble/hesitation/miss on the internet, it can be an extremely wide array of things that are the culprit. I've helped quite a few people with similar issues, and they never came back looking for more help so I'm assuming they solved it.
This is some of the stuff I've told to other people who have asked the same question. I literally copy and pasted from a number of threads, so they are slightly out of context. You should be able to figure them out though. A lot of help can be found in this thread as well:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20

Originally Posted by WhyHelloOfficer
How new is the ignition coil? How new is the wire going from the opti to the ignition coil? Did you use dielectric grease in your spark plug boots when you did your plug wires? Did you make sure your plug wires are routed correctly and are not burnt or cut on pulleys (along the passenger side)?

There are quite a few possibilities that I think a lot of you should look into. Getting a new opti-spark isn't always the solution. Some people have a factory opti last them 140,000 miles. Other guys have had one last 80,000, and the new one fails in 1,000 miles. I hate to say it, but it is hit or miss -- you just have to be thorough with your trouble shooting.

One thing that a lot of you need to look into if you are having a hesitation/stumbling/missfire/running rough/breaking up issue. Look along the passenger side of the intake manifold -- there is a wiring harness that looks like this:

It is the harness that goes from the PCM to the optispark. A lot of the time the harness as it goes down along the front of the block and plugs into the opti, it will be corroded and cracked from heat, moisture, and just being old. Take a look at that, because it very might well be your culprit. A lot of people don't look into it, but realize after they are replacing their opti that it needs to be replaced. Do it once, do it right.

--------
Dielectric grease just helps with conductivity along with keeping moisture out. It is usually a good rule of thumb to use it anytime you do new plugs or wires. That's why it is sold at any DAP or local parts store as "Tune-up Dielectric Grease."

Have you pulled any plugs and checked them since your issues started? Make sure they aren't fouled?

Start the car at night with the hood open and make sure none of the wires are arching. That could be why you possibly aren't getting enough spark to the cylinder.

Also -- I hate to say it but double and triple check your plug wires and their routing along with all of their connections. I had a set of magnecores ($$$ really expensive wires) on my car I had just put on, and I had some mid-range missfire issues about 3 weeks after I installed them. I swore up and down it wasn't the wires, but when I pulled them out one by one and checked them, sure enough three of them were burnt/cracked. I was positive I routed them correctly, evidently not well enough.

Are you wires over the valve covers or through factory locations? If they aren't OTVC (especially on the passenger side) its possible they got caught on the serpentine belt, or burnt through the factory routing as well.
-------
If you haven't ever pulled the throttle body off, it probably wouldn't hurt to take it off (get a new gasket between the TB and Intake manifold) and clean it all out. If it has never been cleaned before (trust me, you'll know) then get some rags, some degreaser, and some carb/choke cleaner and just go at it. Just be thorough and get as much of the carbon deposits off of it. Also pull the IAC out and spray and wipe down the pintle (the spring part on the IAC) because that could possibly be causing your partial off-idle hesitation.
-------
If you've still got your EGR equipment, it could be an EGR or vacuum leak. Double check your EGR equipment and also ensure you don't have any cracked vacuum hoses.
-------
If the motor has a lot of miles on it, you might want to look into sea foaming it. It is a great way to clean a lot of crap out of there has has built up over a long period of time. To do seafom look here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/534376-how-seafoam-your-car.html
-------
If your O2 sensors have never been replaced, you might want to look into replacing them as well. If you plan on replacing them, only purchase AC Delco O2 sensors -- do not get the bosch sensors from a local DAP. Typically they don't send readings fast enough for the car to operate well in closed loop.

Quick Reply: I have 95 z28 and need help please