Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

B&M SHORT Throw INSTALL >>>NEED HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M SHORT Throw INSTALL >>>NEED HELP!!!!

This is on my 97 z28...I just got done installin the unit...and it doesnt seem to sit in reverse without me holding it there....i used the projecttransam.com tutorial on this...and im at the part where it says setting the shift stops...i am unfamiliar with this...if you could help me that would be great...

If you could msg me @ Bearz54Urlacher on aim for a quicker response cause im doin this as we are speaking...thanks Jason
Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like your plate is too far forward, loosen the bolts a little, not a lot, move the plate backwards. Goto 1st, then reverse. then snug them up.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
sounds like your plate is too far forward, loosen the bolts a little, not a lot, move the plate backwards. Goto 1st, then reverse. then snug them up.
not really, the shifter usually comes with a few different sets so you can set the shifter in a variety of locations, stock location, forward, and back from stock as well. assuming he bought one new and used the stock location washers of course...

the little stops on the shifter are two bolts one on front one on back... you can run without them, B&M has said they're not needed in most cases, however, you want them a few mm from where your shifter actually sits in gear. Mine actually came loose on the rearward stop and worked its way in a few threads, and made my 2nd/4th/6th shifts pop out unless I slammed them into gear, so this may be the case on your 1/3/5 stop ...

the second problem is, did you re-install that little cuppy thing that goes into the pocket in the transmission? That could play hell with you if you haven't.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That little "cuppy" thing is supposed to be epoxied in the offset lever( the cuppy thing's home) If it was loose you should glue it back in or it will not last long.

Quick Reply: B&M SHORT Throw INSTALL >>>NEED HELP!!!!