LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Some help please?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help please?

I seem to be having a little problem and I'm not sure where to start.
Let me start off by telling you a little about my car. 1995 Firehawk M6 I have long tubes, Lt4 KM, ORY, LM exhaust, TB bypass, A\C delete, Air\Egr delete, U\D pulley, MSD 8.5 wires, ngk plugs, and a Madz28 tune the car also has 95000 miles.So now on with the problem. The problem has been intermittent. When I first started having the problem it occured when the car was cold or not quite to operating temp. as I'm going through the gears normal not really getting on it I will get a sudden burst of power almost like I'm hitting nitrous or something but this did not happen all the time. Now it seems like I lost a lot of power all the time. every once in awhile I will get on it and it takes off like it use to. It is not pulling very hard on the top end.

I think it could be one of two things but I might be wrong about both. this is where you guys come in. I was thinking it could be the Opti. The person who owned the car before me said he had replaced it but had no proof.

The other thing I think it could be is the fuel pump. I'm not sure where to start. I have not hooked up a fuel pressure gauge yet. I would like to get a fuel pressure gauge inside the car so I could monitor it but the money is tight. So $200 for the gauge possibley $250 for a fuel pump or $500 for an MSD Opti. I just don't where to start.

I also thought about getting it Dyno'ed with some wide band O2 monitoring to see if that would tell me if I'm leaning out in the upper rpm range.

Any idea's guys?????
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

if it was the opti, the car wouldn't run at all, so it's not that. however, it could need a tune up, or maybe check the fuel pump or filter.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

same thing happened to me today. i went to get the fluids changed but didnt in the end. anyway, before it happened some black liquid had come out of the tailpipe. i had just put seafoam in the tank but that was it. then i was on the highway and at about 2500 rpms, without changing the throttle input, the car took off. when i parked i noticed some fluid was steaming off from the bottom of the car right below the left side header.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Teching In

the plugs and wires I just changed I have not changed the cap and rotor yet.

landstuhltaylor,
I to just got done seafoaming my car hmmmm....

Quick Reply: Some help please?