Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Trouble with my motor head gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Trouble with my motor head gasket?

I am posting this in the FI sectiion because I am wondering head gaskest people are running on head and cam stock bottum end cars running about 8 psi.

but let me explain my problem.

Ever since I put my car together this year, new heads and the procharger my car has been smoking(white). I keep fowling plugs 2 and 8. cound that the problem was I was getting oil in these cylinders. I thought it was cause my rockers bolts might not have been sealed well. so I resealed the rockers and they still fowl. I am thinking maybe valve seals.

I got my car tuned last friday the 13th. And while I was on the dyno at high rpms I kepts pushing the oil dipstick out of the tube. I thought I just needed to open up the pcv system. so I brought it home and put some breathers on it. Now at idle it smokes like crazy out of the breathers. I preformed a leak down test and found that 6 of the 8 cylinders were losing about 80% of the air I was putting in them. so fearing I hurt the motor I pulled the heads back off the car. all of the pistons are ok none are damaged. but I also notice that the when I pulled the radiator cap there was preasure in the system and it was low on fluid(had been sititng for 3 days) so I am thinking maybe I blew a head gasket or have a warped head or something. Not sure looking for ideas

BTW I was running a MLS gasket. Should I change gaskets and put it back together and hope for the best. I will check the heads with a straight edge.

Or should I bite the bullet and forge the bottum end of the motor

Also the motor only have 54k on the short block

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your burning anifreeze dude. Blue smoke is oil, white is antifreeze, and black is raw fuel (rich condition). Sounds like you have a head gasket out. Hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure of it. Sorry Bro.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

I already pullled the heads off the car they don't look blown but it is hard to tell on a MLS gasket if is is blown. I am not sure

Just pisses me off since they have only been on the car for 200 mile if that
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

I'm thinking that if after 3 days of sitting you still had pressure in your cooling system then your head gaskets must seal pretty ******* good.

When the plugs foul, are they oil fouled? Post a pic of a plug, that will tell us.

Make sure you didn't damage a piston and/or ring.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

I will get some picture of the plugs later I know they are oil fowled because both of those intake valves had oil laying on top of them. These 2 cylinders the 2 that I had a good cylinder leak down test on like 30% the other 6 I had 80% leak down on. But the car did smoke white I had lost some coolant. The tops of the pistons look fine nothing appears to be damaged I can't really tell about the rings. I Am not sure what to do know