LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P1351 Code Help Needed! Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1351 Code Help Needed! Thanks

Alright I know this is the code:

The 1351 is the Ignition Control(IC) circuit from the PCM to the ICM. It commands the ICM to fire the coil. In the case of a 1351, this wire is above 4.6 volts when it should be at 0 volts. The IC line is the white wire that runs from the black PCM connector pin 5 to the ICM.
Alright, I checked the White wire, and it was giving me 0.600 - 1.500 volts during idle/running. From the quote its suppose to be 0. I unhooked that wire and the car wouldnt start with it unhooked. Duh. But either way Im still having problems out of this. Note: All ignition parts are brand new! So you can take those out of the problem. I just need to know where to go from here?

I was having a problem out of my headlight switch and there were like 4 wires that melted each other, well got that fixed and its working fine, I believe the same thing is wrong with my ICM. Thanks for any input, really wanna get rid of this major misfire.

Other problems I had were:

1441 (fixed, wire was broken on pigtail)
1641 (fans being on switch set it off)
Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man I cannot figure this out, I would like to have more of your expertise on the subject. I fixed the EVAP code, it was a wire that was broken right at the pigtail of it, fixed! Now for the 1351. I checked the voltage at all the wires, and that white wire only gives out .6-1.5volts and no more, but throwing a high voltage code saying its over 4.6v.

All ignition components are new, connections to the coil and ICM are good. (LT1 car), code popped up about 5 days ago, misfire on just about every cylinder, and I believe its a short, either in the wiring or bad optical sensor in the optispark, not sure.

This car is majorly misfiring and worse at high rpms. It stumbles real bad, backfiring and running rich because of it. It was fine until this code popped up. So in other words, hooked up a scanner and the thing said misfires in every cylinder.

All new ignition including optispark/icm/coil/plugs/wires/fuel pressure regulator/fuel pump and I dont know what the prob is, and it has to be this.

Took it to 2 shops today, one said he doesnt want the hassle, the other didnt have time. I am about to pull the whole harness, check every single wire and if thats not it im changing the rear part of the opti because the guy at the 2nd shop said HIGH VOLTAGE measn its coming from the cam sensor or wiring to the cam sensor and the LOW VOLTAGE would be from the crank sensor.

More information! I pulled the full harness, the crankshaft position sensor wiring is jacked up, just about every line is pinched and the lighter color line (tan) is the worse, about 1/4 inch of copper showing on it and at the plastic connector. Could this be the problem? Maybe its grounding off? But wouldnt that be LOW VOLTAGE readout? But I know from the schematic that the crankshaft position sensor goes straight to the ICM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone?

Quick Reply: P1351 Code Help Needed! Thanks