Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Car won't rev & P0300 code, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car won't rev & P0300 code, any ideas?

I've drove the car numerous times since taking it out of storage without any problems. However, a couple of weeks ago the car felt like it was running flat, but I didn't think much of it. I just thought I was getting use to the power, like I usually do a month or so after taking it out of storage. Then a couple of days ago it through a P0300 code, but it still seemed to run okay. However, today the cars power was hit or miss. Some times I would step on it and it would pull okay, but still no where near what it should. Other times it felt like it was a four cylinder. In fact, one time I stepped on it in third gear and it wouldn't rev past 4500 rpm. Also, the car hesitates a lot when I try to gradually accelerate from a light. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Launching!

check the 02's
Old 04-22-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I did two stupid things. First, the car through a code (i don't remember the number) stating that the front, #1 bank O2 was bad in addition to throughing the P0300 code. Since the misfires are not isolated to the #1 bank, I figured that bad O2 wasn't causing the misfire problem. Second, in my haste to find out what the problem was I posted this thread instead of doing a search ... sorry about that.

I guess I'll replace the O2 tomorrow and repost with the results.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-18-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just got the car fixed today. It was a MAP sensor, not an O2. The MAP sensor readings were bouncing all over the place. When it was removed, they noticed there was raw fuel in the MAP sensor. I have no idea how that occured (if anyone does, please let me know). The MAP sensor was replaced and now the car seems to run fine.

Quick Reply: Car won't rev & P0300 code, any ideas?