Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trunk dimensions

Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk dimensions

anybody know the exact dimensions of the trunk? i did a search and some threads came up but they didn't have numbers.

reason why is because i got a box and wanted to see if it will fit in the trunk because i still haven't bought the car and im having doubts but want to know for sure.

this is the box
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aqJh8F0...0&I=044H1212SS

oh yeah the car i've been in the market for is 98-02 trans am.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm thinking correctly, it will NOT fit without touching the glass. You can make it fit though by pushing the box back (towards the front of the car) but this would require another few inches. You can make these few inches by loosening the rear seat like you are going to fold it down, and just have it loose out of the position it locks in, which is further sloped back into the hatch (may be uncomfortable for rear seat passengers since it will probably be vertical to accommodate for the box).

EDIT: I see now you are thinking the the TRUNK part itself and NOT the hatch area? It definitely wont fit nicely there if that's the case...

Search this Thread