LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

small pacesetter long tube question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small pacesetter long tube question

I just purchased a set of pace setter non emissions long tubes headers. first off let me say i really like them and would strongly recommend them to guys on a budget. However i have a question. The collectors on the headers do not have any way to connect the tubes or mufflers besides welding.?. they do not have a collector style end built end. so what do i do? i have heard you can take it (the header) to a muffler shop and they will put the reducer ring and bend the header for you so you can connect and disconnect the pipes at a later time. I know this might sound dumb but what do you other guys runing these headers do and other guys suggest? Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I slipped on the Y-pipe, and clamped it. No problems. I have to get it back off here soon, that's looks to be a little bit of a pain..
Old 04-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Launching!

i would do that but i am looking at running a race muffler (3 inch) connected directly to the header and then dumped so i need to either weld it or put it on a connector. and if i do weld it do i need to grind off the "ceramic coating" at the end of the header.?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

same here i use slip fit from collectors all the way to the tail
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97lt1z28
I just purchased a set of pace setter non emissions long tubes headers. first off let me say i really like them and would strongly recommend them to guys on a budget. However i have a question. The collectors on the headers do not have any way to connect the tubes or mufflers besides welding.?. they do not have a collector style end built end. so what do i do? i have heard you can take it (the header) to a muffler shop and they will put the reducer ring and bend the header for you so you can connect and disconnect the pipes at a later time. I know this might sound dumb but what do you other guys runing these headers do and other guys suggest? Thanks

I bought their headers and Y pipe. They came with everything needed for the install. The Y pipe slips over the collector and clamps down tight. I substituted the clamps that came with the Y pipe for stainless steel band clamps. The band clamps didn't distort the pipe like a regular exhaust clamp would have. I am hoping that when the time comes, I am able to slide the Y pipe back off of the collector. I'm sure it will be stuck pretty good.

You could have the bolt on connectors welded on, but you might have clearance issues. There is not much room between the collector and floor pan. Good luck!

Quick Reply: small pacesetter long tube question