Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 t56 Hydraulic issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 t56 Hydraulic issues?

Just started yeasterday while criusing around. Coming to a stop, I went to downshift to first and I it was like the clutch never left go. I had to stop, go back to 2nd, then to first again. It did this 2-3 times and now it seems to effect no other gears. Seems fine if I double clutch it, or push the pedal hard to the floor. I also get a decent amount of chatter in 1st if I dont rev it hard. Clutch is a RAM (Not sure what model) It is also nearly impossible to get it into reverse unless you jam the shifter hard. I check the eng sensor fuse and it was fine, might be related to this problem, or it might be the reverse lockout solenoid?

I pulled the slave cylinder out and the boot and rod stayed on the fork? I had to pull it all out by hand. I'm not too sure how the LT1 setup is, but my last ride was one assembly (ROD, BOOT, CYLINDER) . I have no loss of fluid, no problem going from gear to gear if I go all the way down hard with the pedal. I put the slave back in and I had my wife pump the pedal with the resevoir cap off and no bubbles at all. The pedal feels fine and firm, and after a quick criuse around the block it seems it is hit or miss with first gear.

I ran all over town trying to track down a slave cylinder, no luck. Am I safe to drive this to work at least until I find a replacement?