Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cleaning the carpet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cleaning the carpet?

whats the best way for cleaning the carpet in a car without having to take it out or get anything wet, also whats best for cleaning cloth seats?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

come on zaino you always post in these,
Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

vacuum. if you decide to get it wet, steam cleaning would probably do the best job if you used a decent carpet cleaner
Old 04-23-2007, 04:36 PM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In situations where the carpet is salvageable, but just plain nasty, I have done this. Thoroughly vacuum. Use a good spray-on carpet cleaner or mix up a solution. Really go to town soaking the cleaner in and use a brush to work it in. Use a garden hose to spray the carpet down. Use your own judgment as to how much to spray. Use a shop vac to pull the liquid back out through the carpet. Shop vac again. You want to remove enough moisture so that the carpet can dry fast enough to avoid other problems: mold, mildew, rust, etc. Let the car air dry in the sun, or if air temp is chilly, run heater for hour or whatever length of time is needed. When dry, vacuum again with a brush to stand the carpet back up. I have used this method before and have run into no problems. YMMV
Old 04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vacume, then use a combination of blue coral foam and shout and scrub with a bristle brush....be very generous with both products...it will look like new, i dont care what these guys tell you, just try it
Old 04-23-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

i was thinking of spraying simple green sence it seems to do a good job and shop vac it out, but your methods seem fairly the same just didfferent cleaners so ill give it a shot
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya just get a bristle brush, and be generous with the shout and blue coral (i suggest the foam), use a vac after scrubbing...ive never had to do this twice, but i guess it depends how good you do the 1st time. its lifted coffee and pop stains no problem out of my dads truck. its an 01 and never been "detailed" till i did it a few days ago...got dingy mud stains ect out...there was actually a cig burn, and that came out real nice besides some missing carpet lol...let just say, he was considering buying a new carpet and replacing it and when i was done, it did look new
Old 04-23-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

ok cool, yeah im just detailing alot of peoples cars now and need to know how to do some of these other things i havnt done, i know how to do most everything for cleaning but carpet cleaning and clay bar are mostly the things i need to learn, but i need to know how to clean cloth seats and thats it?

Quick Reply: cleaning the carpet?