Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rebuild cost

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuild cost

I dont need a rebuild right now at all, But i am just wondering how much a rebuild cost around on a ls1? I mean just a stock rebuild to. Thanks! i tried searching for this, but came up with nothing.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by trey1010
I dont need a rebuild right now at all, But i am just wondering how much a rebuild cost around on a ls1? I mean just a stock rebuild to. Thanks! i tried searching for this, but came up with nothing.
Alot of shops are complete rip-offs for just the engine R&R. They get up as high as $1800 just for the R&R.

I just got a price from an LSx race engine builder locally: R&R, disassemble, check every part and clean everything, including honed cylinders, new head gaskets, new rings and new bearings throughout. $2,000 including parts.

The engine can be taken out in a few hours, so I don't know why shops charge so much to R&R the engine.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

what all do you need?

You can usually get a very good price for a short block from of the sponsors. You can always keep your engine and when you get enough money build it up or you could always sell it off. Everytime somone rebuilds it ends up costing more than they thought. You could always keep your eye out for a good used shortblock as well, and would probably end up cheaper than a rebuild.

If you are going to rebuild why keep it stock?