Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A4-M6 conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4-M6 conversion question

I read the sticky but it most information was with people using a A4 harness. I have a M6 engine harness. I ran the wires to the clutch pedal so it will start and I connected the wires so the hatch will release. Do I need to do anything to make the reverse lights work or the reverse lockout function properly? I will be flashing my PCM myself using HP Tuners from a A4 to a M6.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran a wire to my brake light switch so reverse unlocks when you hit the brake. Just got to remember not to downshift into 5th while braking otherwise you can hit reverse and grind a little.

Your tune will change alot. alot of the lower rpms I had to mess with alot so it woudnt buck. 3.23 gears and now I can cruise around town in 4th. cammed.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
I ran a wire to my brake light switch so reverse unlocks when you hit the brake. Just got to remember not to downshift into 5th while braking otherwise you can hit reverse and grind a little.

Your tune will change alot. alot of the lower rpms I had to mess with alot so it woudnt buck. 3.23 gears and now I can cruise around town in 4th. cammed.
So even with the M6 harness I still have to run a power wire to the reverse lock out solenoid??
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Didn't do the M6 harness... but take a look at it. If it has the connectors for the computer and for the tranny I don't think you do need to splice any wires for the lockout. With the A4 harness all I had to do was use one of those wires for the A4 that I didn't need anymore, I swapped that wire from one spot to the appropriate one on the connector on the PCM, then used a o2 sensor wire for power. But like I said if you have both ends on the M6 harness you most likely won't need to splice anything for the lockout. Just make sure you setup the program correctly when you tune it.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
So even with the M6 harness I still have to run a power wire to the reverse lock out solenoid??

ooops sorry, i didnt see you were using an M6 harness. should be plug and play then.

Quick Reply: A4-M6 conversion question