Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Hit a pole...what now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hit a pole...what now?

So I'm driving home from work the other night and I come up Tower Rd with the intent of turning left onto Hampden Ave here in Aurora and after I goose it, I find myself in an uncontrolled oversteer. After the smoke clears, my front end is buried in the "watch for median" traffic sign pole. I've got a nice crease in the bumper cover and both of my fog lights are smashed in, though to my suprise, the headlights are still functioning and the hood doesn't seem to have done anything other than shifted maybe a quarter of an inch or so. I've got a nice [8 inch] crack in my passenger side, front quarter panel [beyond simple epoxy work] and with further inspection, it looks like the actual bumper may have reflexed in about 1.5-2 inches at the point of impact. In addition, the front clip suffered a tear at the point where it connects to the corner panel meaning a new front clip will likely be in order. Ok, life sucks royally at this point in time but payday is just around the corner and I'd rather live on Chef-boy-r-Don't for a couple weeks and have my baby fixed than drive around with a busted front clip. And now to the reason I'm sharing. I've got some friends that work at Maaco and it looks like they're my only option [no way I'm going through insurance on this one]. When they take their time, they do a helluva job and I'm curious....any one got any suggestions for some simple paint mods that might set the car apart once its fixed? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start with one of these dude:
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
thats great......
Old 04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
SCRWS6

always wondered if they made those more form fitting for our cars.....maybe one that wrapped over the hood....as for the bodywork, unless you can get your car into a college autobody shop (they usually just charge for materials) if you got a friend at maaco I say use em
Old 04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry about your loss dude, and hope it works out for you. On the other hand, Bry's idea is great!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Haha...cute! But all jokes aside, I appreciate the advice. As for additional paint work, I'd like to go with the Berger look for the bottom half of the rear end and maybe do something similar with the nostrils or fog light surrounds. I dunno...any good ideas?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:33 AM
On The Tree

LOL
Damm, I need one of those too. I tried knocking down a cement fixture and some poles with my car, not my intention. Just got a few scratch's and an unligned frontend. Which sucks.

Quick Reply: Hit a pole...what now?