Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Someone introduced a Key to my Vette Saturday nite!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone introduced a Key to my Vette Saturday nite!

Well I dont take the vette out often except for car shows and local get togethers and track/dyno days. Well I take my car to a friends party cause I was going out later to a car get together. Well I go to the party consisting of mostly people from work. I get there at 9:30pm and some people come out cause and see the car cause i dont take it to work. So we all chat listen to how loud it is and go in and watch some UFC and some others are drinking. Well we leave at 12am and go to the local hang out. I get out of the car and walk over and start talking to some friends. My girlfriend walks around the car and is standing there and YELLS "OMG WTF HAPPENED TO YOUR DOOR?". I look over and almost PUKE!!!! Literally! I look and realize the drivers door is keyed, the hood and the passenger rear quarter and trunk lid. I race back to the party flipping out saying how no one is leaving till we know wtf happened. Called the cops and but i really got no where with it. So i dont know who has done it yet but have idea's of small possibilities. So i take it today to get an estimate. $3700.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now i'm faced with the cars paint was absolutely impecable and now about 80% of the car will be repainted. Not sure what to think so i'm just ranting i guess.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM
FormerVendor

Man that really sucks to hear. Hope you can find out who did it.

I have been wanting to start driving mine daily but this is the very reason that I am scared to do so, and is the very reason I have been considering selling and getting something that I would not have to worry so much about.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FRCBobby
Man that really sucks to hear. Hope you can find out who did it.

I have been wanting to start driving mine daily but this is the very reason that I am scared to do so, and is the very reason I have been considering selling and getting something that I would not have to worry so much about.

Man, don't sell her! just drive your dd to work etc, and your vette to play events where you can keep a close eye on her. You've obviously spent a lot of time and effort on her...I'd definitely reconsider! I sold mine for other reasons, and there hasn't been a day go by where I didn't kick myself for selling. Just my $02.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zturd
Well I dont take the vette out often except for car shows and local get togethers and track/dyno days. Well I take my car to a friends party cause I was going out later to a car get together. Well I go to the party consisting of mostly people from work. I get there at 9:30pm and some people come out cause and see the car cause i dont take it to work. So we all chat listen to how loud it is and go in and watch some UFC and some others are drinking. Well we leave at 12am and go to the local hang out. I get out of the car and walk over and start talking to some friends. My girlfriend walks around the car and is standing there and YELLS "OMG WTF HAPPENED TO YOUR DOOR?". I look over and almost PUKE!!!! Literally! I look and realize the drivers door is keyed, the hood and the passenger rear quarter and trunk lid. I race back to the party flipping out saying how no one is leaving till we know wtf happened. Called the cops and but i really got no where with it. So i dont know who has done it yet but have idea's of small possibilities. So i take it today to get an estimate. $3700.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now i'm faced with the cars paint was absolutely impecable and now about 80% of the car will be repainted. Not sure what to think so i'm just ranting i guess.

Dude, that just plain sucks! Do you think it was someone you work with? Mayben someone who is jealous of you? There's nothing more chicken $hit to me than to get to someone through his car...what a little pu$$y who can't stand to see you have something nice, but who doesn't have the ***** to stand up to you, and has to take it out on something of yours. I feel for ya man, because there's nothing you can do if you can't prove who it was. I tell you what though, I feel for the person if you find out who it was! Post up some pics so we can all agonize with you!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

outch that sucks... mine has been my daily driver, I allways get shopping karts sitting up against it when I come out from a store or something, and get alot of rock chips... I'd probably shoot everybody at the party if that happened to mine, but that many body's wouldnt fit in the trunk....
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

That sucks big time. I feel your pain though, I am a waiter since im in college and I came out from work one night to find a busted windshield. Some jack *** hit it with a small hammer or something 3 times. Now here I am 2 months later and its still broken because of bunch of BS getting in the new stuff, but I got an amazing deal and still gonna cost around $800. I wish I had found that low life piece of ****, some people just dont understand how hard we work for these things.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

i just bought my vette on wed night didnt drive any where but home thurs went to a hang out friday said "ah what the hell, whats the point in buying it if you dont drive it" drove it to the store and it got hit by a cart thats why its at home in the garage
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

man that sucks. some people are such low lifes. I hope you can find out who did that and make them pay
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

I feel for you. Someone threw a lit cigarette in my hood. Scorched a 1" place. Pisses me off so bad. Just with I could catch someone doing it - I would make them pay for my car and everyone elses. Sorry to hear it.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

That's sucks! It's happen to me before. Some people are real dicks!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Assassin
outch that sucks... mine has been my daily driver, I allways get shopping karts sitting up against it when I come out from a store or something, and get alot of rock chips... I'd probably shoot everybody at the party if that happened to mine, but that many body's wouldnt fit in the trunk....
I like the way you think
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK OK,....SO $3700 to fix it??? This is what you do offer $2000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of who did it and just sit back and wait.... that's a lot of money, and who ever did that doesn't have a pot to **** in or,...... they wouldnt be SOOOOO, FUCKEN jealous when you get that done THEN let the insurance company do THEIR damn job!! and git them suckers!!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Teching In

im sorry buddy, but hey look at it this way, at least you have a vette
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

That's complete ****.

That's the exact reason why mine stays parked in my garage.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jshababy23
at least you have a vette

WHAT THE F*&% IS THAT SUPOSED TO MEAN?? its that attitude that gets our cars key'd in the first place....
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Assassin
WHAT THE F*&% IS THAT SUPOSED TO MEAN?? its that attitude that gets our cars key'd in the first place....
Funny, that is the first thing that went through my head too; that is precisely why our cars end up getting keyed in the first place!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jshababy23
im sorry buddy, but hey look at it this way, at least you have a vette
Not all of us that own vettes are rich, old men. I am 25 years old and I get shitty looks everywhere I go, but I wouldnt have it any other way. I love the questions though. No its not my dads car and no I am not a millionaire. I served a six month tour in Iraq just to pay for the vette. I work for everything that I own as do most of the guys on this site. So dont be jealous that we have a corvette and you dont.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silverbullitt02
Not all of us that own vettes are rich, old men. I am 25 years old and I get shitty looks everywhere I go, but I wouldnt have it any other way. I love the questions though. No its not my dads car and no I am not a millionaire. I served a six month tour in Iraq just to pay for the vette. I work for everything that I own as do most of the guys on this site. So dont be jealous that we have a corvette and you dont.
yeah!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input guys. Dont kill the poor camaro guy I think he's just saying look on the bright side of things.

Out of all of it, i do like the $2000 offer to locate the person who did it The car goes to the bodyshop this monday. They will have my baby for 14days they say. I"m so FN paranoid its coing to come back with a inferior paint job, or flaws or worse a slightly different shade then what she goes in with. The paint the car was absolutely gorgeous and if it wasnt factory someone did one really hell of a job matching it and making it look factory.

Any words of wisdom in dealing with the body shop.
Heres what i'd done thus far.
1)Made it very clear to them I will be EXTREMELY picky about the paint job and workmanship.
2)Made it very clear to the insurance company I will be picky and that i'm going with their "DIRECT/Recommended shop so i have a leg to stand on if its not right
3)going to go in with HPtuners and set a 2K RPM rev limiter.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

they shouldnt bother trying to color match a 7yr old paint job, so have it all done, and make sure theyre watersanding and buffing it after the clear is cured (a final w/ 2000 grit would be nice).... if its a good shop it will come out looking better than factory paint jobs...

the rev limiter is a good ideaw, and unplug the TC button so they cant turn it off...