Going to HPD...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to HPD...

And I was wondering how the Police Academy is as far as letting cadets be on leave. I should be starting the next police academy for HPD, on June 23rd, and I am getting married July 7th. I would need to be out July 4th (national holiday; not too worried about that) plus thr 5th and 6th, because the rehearsals, dinners, and ceremony will be in Dallas. Does anyone know if getting off those 2 days is possible? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

dude you are allowed to miss so many days....as long as you dont have a test on any of those days you should be fine. just call them and ask
Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

but I would never work for Houston. Look at all the crap thats been going on. You will be surrounded by pure filth....Try to get on somewhere else man. You wont regret it
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have lived here in Houston my whole life, my dad has been a cop in Harris county forever, my reserve unit is here in houston, working for HPD makes more sense than anything else to me. And if your gonna be a cop, any where, you need to be willing to put up with filth, some people can handle it, some cant.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PMCSPIDER
And I was wondering how the Police Academy is as far as letting cadets be on leave. I should be starting the next police academy for HPD, on June 23rd, and I am getting married July 7th. I would need to be out July 4th (national holiday; not too worried about that) plus thr 5th and 6th, because the rehearsals, dinners, and ceremony will be in Dallas. Does anyone know if getting off those 2 days is possible? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
It may be tough city doesnt really show no love for cadets, I did the fire academy and they were very strict about being off unless its a family emergency...good luck
Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

gracias
Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

THey threatened to release cadet because he missed days while testifying in a criminal trial.....<shrug>