View Full Version : well another way of giving to the rich

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
If you have been folowing they are wanting to raise sales tax to do away with property tax but most people are not home owners therefore the people who cant affford to buy a house will have to pay higher sales tax so people who can afford houses can get away with not paying this sounds like shit to me

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
they need to be figuring out this gas price shit and stop worrting about people who buy houses they cant afford or keep up with

black01_WS6
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
on the other side the taxes is what is keeping me from buying a home. It would almost be a second morgage in some places.

Also sales tax would go after the turists that are coming down as well.

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
on the other side the taxes is what is keeping me from buying a home. It would almost be a second morgage in some places.

Also sales tax would go after the turists that are coming down as well.
lol i have seen your house i bet you hope it goes through lol how have you been....there are some good points to it yes but i still dont think that renters wich make up the majority of households sould have to pay so that people who have bought houses and should plan for rises can get over the problem is with a wasteful govt.

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
i actually wouldnt mind paying higher sales tax if the gas rpices would go down and the money would be used for what its supposed to be used for and yes LOWER the property tax but but not do away with it take that money and put it into education teacher pay school funding grants that kinda shit but dont just do away with it

2001NBMZ28
04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd wait and see what actually passes - like the radar detector ban bill and others. People that rent are already paying property taxes too, just gets passed on through higher rents. I hate the high state (and moreso federal) taxes on gas - but better than paying a state income tax like most states. When I worked in NC a few years ago the gas was a few cents lower/gal but they took 7.54% right off the top of every paycheck...and had to pay a personal property tax on my car based upon it's value.

DirtyBird222
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Just another example of dirty politicians putting more money in their pocket and appeasing the people who have "tons of money." I can not stand politics, no one is in it "for the people" and if someone is they are 1 in a million. All these politicians are in it to better themselves and not the peeps. It's like that all the way down to college and high school elections. Sorry for the rant, I'm pissed because I'm paying 10-20 cents extra a gallon for gas in gainesville to "make the roads" better but I have yet to see any construction or improvements to the roads and I'm not even a permanent resident of this shithole town. Oh and it pisses me off how they pay Judges more than the officers of the law who bring the scumbags in off the street. It's ridiculous how backwards our system is. :bigun2: [/rant]

black01_WS6
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
lol i have seen your house i bet you hope it goes through lol how have you been....there are some good points to it yes but i still dont think that renters wich make up the majority of households sould have to pay so that people who have bought houses and should plan for rises can get over the problem is with a wasteful govt.

I think you have me confused with someone else? I am a teacher that can't afford anything. My wife and I have actually been thinking of moving up north as we would get paid more, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here.

But we love the sun. who knows.

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 03:00 PM
i really dont mind paying as long as something gets fixed...but its the same shit all the time ....for instance think about the catastrophe in the far east the tsuanmi....hell 2004 florida was a catastophe but we dont have money for this and that and for schools but as soon as something happens in another country boom money comes from everywhere why dont we use the boom money here and scrounge around to help the people in other places

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I think you have me confused with someone else? I am a teacher that can't afford anything. My wife and I have actually been thinking of moving up north as we would get paid more, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here.

But we love the sun. who knows.
lol man i was giving you hell....i know that you got a good deal on the house on the beach

camaroextra
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
If you have been folowing they are wanting to raise sales tax to do away with property tax but most people are not home owners therefore the people who cant affford to buy a house will have to pay higher sales tax so people who can afford houses can get away with not paying this sounds like shit to me

Well how can anybody afford to ever buy a house if the taxes are so high? They are encouraging home buyers because that stability is very good for the economy. Who do you think pays property taxes on rental properties and apartment complexes? Santa Clause? No the renter does. Lower property taxes benifit everyone. You have to look into the issue a bit deeper.

Predator T/A
04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
i doubt my rent will o down if the taxes go away

camaroextra
04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
i doubt my rent will o down if the taxes go away

Why? It makes sense for an apartment complex to pass the savings along so they can remain competitive, if they didn't nobody would rent from them, the renters would go elsewhere. Its economics man.

staringback05
04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
you realize this was brought up to actually make the rich people pay more right?

honestly...poor people dont buy alot of shit because they cant afford it, there paying for things like high property taxes and the like...

rich people on the other hand live freely buying all kinds of expensive crap...

this is how they even the table by making the rich pay more for those toys...and not making the poor pay more for things they need like there house's

staringback05
04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
ooo and gas is not a government problem....if you have a problem with gas prices starting being pissy to the gas company's....you know they have been making record profits as of late...and the damn hippies wont let us drill on the damn north pole either...so take that up with them....less then a 1/3 of the total gas price has to deal with the government....

camaroextra
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah if you dont like gas prices then speak to the UAE

2001NBMZ28
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Search and see how much Florida gas taxes are/gal, how much Federal gas taxes are/gal - then compare it it how much Exxon/Mobil's PROFIT is/gal.

staringback05
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
^^^^just to throw some weight behind that

federal gas tax=18.4 cents
florida gas tax= 14.6 cents

hmmmmm 33 cents out of how much do we pay now? and it cost less then a dollar to refine a gallon....

02silvaZ
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
higher sales tax would allow renters to buy a house, wouldnt that benefit the renter by being able to afford a house, it would help you out

1FST99Z
04-26-2007, 06:01 AM
I think it is a great idea. like camaro extra said. you have to look deeper into the subject. one feel lucky that we don't have a state income tax. a bunch of other states have a state income tax. And yes you do pay taxes on an apartment even if you do not know it. do you think that the apartment complex eats the taxes. I don't think so. This will not hurt the poor like some dems are saying. that is a load of crap to scare people. This is taking the tax burden off of home owners who have been over paying for there house taxes while people who don't have a home, do not have to pay a penny . Now how is that fair. look at it that way. I pay 2000 per year in Seminole co.. and it was a stretch and almost made me not purchase the house I am in. but I looked at the benefit and I was not paying 100% interest to the apartment complex anymore. A home is a great thing to have and not everyone is in the right situation to purchase one. that is why you work hard save up some money. and purchase a house. there is a house out there for every situation. it may not be the neighborhood you want or the size you want, but sometimes you need to compromise and work your way up to what you want. sorry about the rant. but it is what it is.

04-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Buy a house, problem solved ;) I would really like to know if this goes through because it will be the deciding factor on whether or not I buy or rent. When is this going to get passed/turned down?

JonB
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I can see how this would/could affect the poor but in a way it will help those that don't yet own a home and are looking to like myself. Although property taxes are't going to stop me from buying but it would help if there were't any. At the same time I'm not sure florida can afford to lose all that money this state needs alot of work in my opinion shit they need to keep property taxes and raise sales tax. I'm tired of these shitty roads everywhere I go in florida not to mention probably half the roads in this state are not even paved.

camaroextra
04-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm tired of these shitty roads everywhere I go in florida not to mention probably half the roads in this state are not even paved.

The roads you are talking about are funded by local municipalities, not by the state.

Firechikn
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
All the money you pay in rent is lost. If you are paying on a house you gain equity in the property, along with the natural gain in value. Its like putting money in the bank, only you get a higher return. On top of that, all the interest you pay on your mortgage is tax deductible. Besides, around here you can buy cheaper than you can rent.

All that said, I think I would come out cheaper at the end of the year paying property tax. Now if they would go to a flat sales tax and do away with federal tax, I'm all about it.

staringback05
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
personally i dont buy that much stuff....but i am looking into a new house....sooooo +1

02silvaZ
04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
lookin for a sale of this one and a purchase of a new one this fall, so +1

JonB
04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
The roads you are talking about are funded by local municipalities, not by the state.

Are property taxes not paid to local municipalities? I'm pretty sure they are forgive me if I'm wrong. The state gets a percentage of the tax but most goes to local/county. Which paves/maintains the majority of roads other than state and federal roads.

02silvaZ
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Are property taxes not paid to local municipalities? I'm pretty sure they are forgive me if I'm wrong. The state gets a percentage of the tax but most goes to local/county. Which paves/maintains the majority of roads other than state and federal roads.
very true

Speedyair7
04-28-2007, 02:18 PM
They just need to keep the home owners taxes an even low amount and don't mess with them but every 10 years that way they can concentrate on regulating other things like the insurance industry and gas prices although I was at the Cayman Islands last month and they pay $5/gallon and in Europe they pay about $8/gallon so $3.08/gallon for premium is not so bad here in Florida