Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Need Help! ABS Light and Air Bag lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need Help! ABS Light and Air Bag lights on.

This is the first time I tried to drive my car this year. Over the Winter I did the wire mod (run the wires under fender well). I also took the throttle body off and had it powdercoated, bought Moroso air intake and played around with the MAF sensor and did the throttle body by-pass. So I had all of these vacuum lines adapters off of these items and I installed all of them back today and with the many little adapters to each. I also had the battery out of the car while I did the wire mod. I installed the yellow top optima and of course the car wouldn't start. I charged the battery and fired right up.

My problem is now the ABS Light inop. comes on and stays on. Just stays on without flashing. My AIR Bag light also stays on. I turned the car off several times to reset the light but it still stays on. Have any idea why or where to start looking? Fuses to each are o.k. if I checked them all. Was it in the wire mod adapters I unplug and hooked back up?
I don't have a service manual so I need advice? I also dropped in a 160°F thermostat as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you solder the wires or use little crimp-on connectors? If you didn't solder the connections, you are just asking for trouble.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Did you solder the wires or use little crimp-on connectors? If you didn't solder the connections, you are just asking for trouble.
What wires you talking about? When I did the wire mod I just unhooked the adpaters and put them back together. I didn't have to cut any wires on the above work.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the abs light comes on immediately it usually means that a wheel speed sensor isnt sending signal to the Abs module. or there is a problem with the module it self. as for the air bag light you could be looking at the same type of probelm. one of the air bag sensor maybe got unplugged or jarred enough so that its not sending the right signal to the air bag module. if you can get the codes pulled i can help ya some more.

Quick Reply: Need Help! ABS Light and Air Bag lights on.