General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

can't find a z28 around here

Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can't find a z28 around here

What should i do? It's so hard to find a Z28 in nebraska, i have a bunch of dealers lookin for me but they can't find ****. its getting annoying
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slikrider20
What should i do? It's so hard to find a Z28 in nebraska, i have a bunch of dealers lookin for me but they can't find ****. its getting annoying
dude i just got mine in march. where you at in nebraska? i live in omaha and drove all the way to the middle of arkansas to pick mine up. good luck. try autotrader. that's how i found mine, however if i see one i'll let ya know!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you stuck on camaro or should i keep my eyes peeled for firebirds and trans ams too?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There out there man. Just got to look harder.
I would look around at other places besides
just dealerships. Believe it or not, my SS I have
came from Omaha, Nebraska. I thought it was
nice - so I bought it and then had it shipped
here to Tennessee. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's probly worth traveling to get one. I had a hard time finding a deal in my area, and hate paying dealership prices. I got mine on Ebay (from TX), got a low mileage (19k) car optioned the way I wanted (hardtop, 6 speed, no tcs), from a place w no road salt! Plus I got it at trade in price. Yes it costs some to fly/drive to get it but its a fun mini vacation.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you dont mind paying a little more, then use carmax and they will ship it to you from any of there hundreds of carmax lots around the us
Old 04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Launching!

i have one in texas, and i'll meet you half way, like ok or south kansas
Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Are you afraid of flying? 1-way airplane tickets are cheap. Fly in and drive it home. You can cover about 1,000 miles in one day.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Are you afraid of flying? 1-way airplane tickets are cheap. Fly in and drive it home. You can cover about 1,000 miles in one day.
Yea, and i've heard southwest is pretty reasonable when it comes to tickets. Don't think you have to find the car here in nebraska is what i'm trying to tell ya, get back to me on where in nebraska u live when you get a chance.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a TA thats for sale here in Des moines IA, let me know..
Old 04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

yea the only problem is if you fly somewhere and the cars not what it appears to be, then you wasted your time and money flyin out there, but I would just keep lookin, and dont be afraid to drive a little ways to look at some. Keep checkin autotrader, cars.com, and here. Also if theres any local fourms post up wanted ads there
Old 04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
yea the only problem is if you fly somewhere and the cars not what it appears to be, then you wasted your time and money flyin out there.
Not if you know how to ask the right questions to the seller, and request plenty of high quality photos. You simply send them a deposit to hold the car, fly out there and make the deal in person. Agree on a price before you fly out, and make sure that both of you agree on that price as long as the car is exactly as stated. If not, you can talk the seller down a bit or walk.

It isn't a waste of time if you find exactly what you are looking for.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, i'm located in beatrice, Nebraska. And i agree with what the guy said above. I dont care how good the photos are or how many questions i ask. I simply will not buy a car i cannot drive myself as there is alot more to a car than just appearance..Unless its a super duper low mileage car i want to see it first...but thers nothing really out there right now here in nebraska.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got to go into omaha this weekend and i'll make a detour down L street for ya and see if i can spot one. There's one dealership that tends to have mustangs and an f-body or two. You didn't say if you were stuck on Camaro though.???
Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

I'm stuck. theres actually one in columbus , a 99 6spd i believe black on black with chrome wheels i may check out. but yeah check out the lots in omaha and get back to me...i haven't checked there yet.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you see that I was just there this weekend? I'll ask my sister if she's seen it cuz I'm sure she has or her bf and see what they think of it. If not I'll be in columbus in the next week or two, but if it's nice I'm sure it'll be gone. I'll look in fremont too....I drive a lot. haha What are you looking for exactly...just Z28? SS? ground effects? specific colors? no more than 60,000 miles? with nice rims already? black leather? specific year 98-02? a4/m6? I'll even test drive it for the hell of it and let ya know haha.

Last edited by allbaugh_04; 04-26-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by slikrider20
Yeah, i'm located in beatrice, Nebraska. And i agree with what the guy said above. I dont care how good the photos are or how many questions i ask. I simply will not buy a car i cannot drive myself as there is alot more to a car than just appearance..Unless its a super duper low mileage car i want to see it first...but thers nothing really out there right now here in nebraska.
you guys are car buying newbies I can tell.

You don't "buy" the car until you see it in person. You simply send them a $500-1000 deposit to hold it for a week, then fly out to see it. Bring a certified check for about $2,000 less than the agreed price, and $2,000 cash in your pocket. If the car is not exactly as the seller describes for the agreed price, then you can either talk him down or fly back home and get your deposit back. It is up to the seller to be 100% clear and honest, or he risks losing the deposit. This is no different than driving in your car to go look at a car, you are just flying out to see it. Figure a 1-way ticket costs $150-175 and that is totally worth it if you find the exact car you want and don't have to "settle" for something local.

You know as soon as you settle on a car, you will continue to kick yourself in the *** everytime you think about the car you really wanted but didn't have the patience to find. Get what you want the first time. Making payments on a car you settle for aren't fun.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i live in lincoln, and i got my z with 70k on it for 9,100 i believe and the guy drove it to me haha!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
you guys are car buying newbies I can tell.

You don't "buy" the car until you see it in person. You simply send them a $500-1000 deposit to hold it for a week, then fly out to see it. Bring a certified check for about $2,000 less than the agreed price, and $2,000 cash in your pocket. If the car is not exactly as the seller describes for the agreed price, then you can either talk him down or fly back home and get your deposit back. It is up to the seller to be 100% clear and honest, or he risks losing the deposit. This is no different than driving in your car to go look at a car, you are just flying out to see it. Figure a 1-way ticket costs $150-175 and that is totally worth it if you find the exact car you want and don't have to "settle" for something local.

You know as soon as you settle on a car, you will continue to kick yourself in the *** everytime you think about the car you really wanted but didn't have the patience to find. Get what you want the first time. Making payments on a car you settle for aren't fun.
payments!!??? i paid cash for mine...i made sure I wasn't settling for it. granted when i got there, there were a few minor things wrong with it. little tears in the tint, missing cap on the rim (not noticeable), and a f'ed up window. I think I did pretty good. don't settle though, that's very good advice. make sure its the one ya want and can't take your eyes off of! don't let it be that girl u let get away though.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=&keywordsfyc=

Search this Thread