Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with upcoming suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with upcoming suspension setup

Ok, so so far I just have a single adj PHB and bilstien shocks. the car is lowered on H and R springs( on before I bought the car). While this is a street car, I enjoy going dragracing at least 1 a month. I plan on getting a torque arm, rear control arms, and relocation brackets(already ordered). Since I already have a panhard bar thats adjustable, do my controll arms need to be also? and for drag racing, is there any advantage to having the dual rod ended components or am I just as well off getting poly to keep the noise down. Also, which mount is better for the torque arm for drag/street setup. Thanks so much guys
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Launching!

bump for some help
Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

I would be interested to see the answers as well.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Bbump for some answers
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Launching!

no help??
Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Launching!

come on people, give me some help. At least ler me know if I need adjustable LCA's since Im lowered with the LCA reclotation brackets, or can I use normal ones??
Old 04-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

bump again
Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Im not really an expert on this subject, but I was told by acouple people to run adj. l.c.a's which I didn't. I still have my stock ones. I know when I was putting my s.f.c. in it was a bitch to get the stock l.c.a's back on the relocation bracket. That is pretty much all I know. That and my Spohn TQ arm sucks *****. I was talking to a guy today he had one and is having the same problems from his as I am. Some people have good look with them but, me and this other guy havn't.

Jimmy
Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

somethin else...your shocks might not be doing a good job dampening for your springs. hopefully the previous owner got some revalved bilsteins to go wit the lower stance/higher spring rates..if not, give Sam Strano a call. you should give him a call anyways though
Old 04-30-2007, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by camaro4me
Ok, so so far I just have a single adj PHB and bilstien shocks. the car is lowered on H and R springs( on before I bought the car). While this is a street car, I enjoy going dragracing at least 1 a month. I plan on getting a torque arm, rear control arms, and relocation brackets(already ordered). Since I already have a panhard bar thats adjustable, do my controll arms need to be also? and for drag racing, is there any advantage to having the dual rod ended components or am I just as well off getting poly to keep the noise down. Also, which mount is better for the torque arm for drag/street setup. Thanks so much guys
The only reason we recommend adjustable lower control arms is if you are trying to fit a larger tire on the car and you need to move the tire back for clearance.

As far as the rod end/poly bushing unless it's a high horsepower car ( 600+) you are not going to see much of a gain using rod ends for the additional noise.

And for your last question the short style torque arm is going to be the best for drag racing but you can use the long style torque arm with the relocation mount and get good results. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Launching!

thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the responses
Old 04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
The only reason we recommend adjustable lower control arms is if you are trying to fit a larger tire on the car and you need to move the tire back for clearance.

As far as the rod end/poly bushing unless it's a high horsepower car ( 600+) you are not going to see much of a gain using rod ends for the additional noise.

And for your last question the short style torque arm is going to be the best for drag racing but you can use the long style torque arm with the relocation mount and get good results. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
what is the biggest tire that can be run on non-adjustable LCA's
Old 04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
That is not the reason for choosing poly vs rod ends. Rod ends provide greater articulation which is better for handling.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by VIP1
That is not the reason for choosing poly vs rod ends. Rod ends provide greater articulation which is better for handling.
You are correct but he was asking about in a drag racing application

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302

Quick Reply: help with upcoming suspension setup