another great astros game

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another great astros game

it was nice to see them acomplish nearly the same as last night only in 9 innings. 18 guys left on base last night and 20-22 today, first time the Pirates have swept back to back series since the 78 "we are family" team.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

In an effort to save Drayton money, we should forfeit using bats in innings 2-8 so that we don't take a chance of having any broken during that time. It is apparent we don't need them in those innings.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

At least the Rockets are doing well.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

I'm listening to Charlie P right now at work and he is just ripping the 'Stros offense...or lack of actually

GO ROCKETS!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

You guys are a bunch of ********..... you will all be #1 fans when they come ripping back later in the season like they always do....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, so?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Teching In

why does someone always have to throw in one of these comments

"You guys are a bunch of ********..... you will all be #1 fans when they come ripping back later in the season like they always do...."

I think as a consumer and fan we have the right to complain about people who are extremely overpaid to keep us entertained playing a kids game. When playing professional sports, there are high expectations of the atheletes and the fact that the astros as a team can't apply the fundamentals of the game to at least make a hit makes it extremely frustrating to say the least.

This is there job, they have been doing this since they were kids. I know people have off days but come on six times against the same gay team?.?.?.

Hey i am just like you, pay $40 per ticket, $6 hot dog, $7 beer, so the least I expect is to see something worth watching.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by my00z28
why does someone always have to throw in one of these comments

"You guys are a bunch of ********..... you will all be #1 fans when they come ripping back later in the season like they always do...."

I think as a consumer and fan we have the right to complain about people who are extremely overpaid to keep us entertained playing a kids game. When playing professional sports, there are high expectations of the atheletes and the fact that the astros as a team can't apply the fundamentals of the game to at least make a hit makes it extremely frustrating to say the least.

This is there job, they have been doing this since they were kids. I know people have off days but come on six times against the same gay team?.?.?.

Hey i am just like you, pay $40 per ticket, $6 hot dog, $7 beer, so the least I expect is to see something worth watching.

Yea but comments like atleast the rockets are winning and oh the astros suck they shouldnt even use bats and blah blah blah, these are the same people that later one will be praising them. It's just totally hypicritical to act in such a way.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

It's just called being a fair weather fan.

Last edited by Shackleford; 04-26-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
You guys are a bunch of ********..... you will all be #1 fans when they come ripping back later in the season like they always do....
As fans, we have every right to complain when they are underachieving.

The bats can't go cold when you get quality starts out of Wandy and Albers.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Today was VERY frustrating to listen to.

As was yesterday.

And the day before.

Come to think of it, the last week's worth of games have really chapped my ***.

-Mike
Old 04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They need to bring up Hunter Pence from triple A to bail their asses
Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea but comments like atleast the rockets are winning and oh the astros suck they shouldnt even use bats and blah blah blah, these are the same people that later one will be praising them. It's just totally hypicritical to act in such a way.
no, it's being a pissed fan. anyone that can say their pleased or thinks people should be with the same **** for the last year and half is out of their f**king mind.

Originally Posted by Shackleford
fair weather friends don't care they move on to what ever is next on the list, fans suffer with the team.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you're not calling me a fairweather fan, because I am anything but. My "fanhood" has been published in a book.

Astros will be fine. Lee and Berkman aren't hitting how they should. Once they do, no one will be critical of the entire offense. Until then, I can complain as much as I wish about their lack of offense because I care about the team and want them to do better.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shackleford

No, thats when someone gives less than a **** about the team UNTIL they start doing good. When you criticize your team when they do bad, and praise them when they do good.... thats called being a fan. I mean, what are we supposed to say?

"WHOO HOOO!!!! Astros dropped the last six!!!! **** yea man!!!"?

I hardly think so. Now, when the DisAstros pick it up and people that DONT post in the "Im worried about the Astros" thread, but show up when they are kicking ***... thats the fair weather fan.

Travel up to Dallas during the Stars season... or even Rangers. Attendance sucks regular season, but if they happen to make the playoffs..... they come out of the woodwork.