Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LT1 Ram Air box w/ vortech supercharger... possible???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LT1 Ram Air box w/ vortech supercharger... possible???

I have a ram air setup and I am installing an s-trim kit. I wondered if anyone has made different bends with pipe and ran the ram air box down to the supercharger inlet and then just used the vortech discharge tube to go back up to the throttle body? My MAIN concern is will it all fit??? Anyone try this or see it done? VERY CURIOUS!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

not one person has tried or thought of this???
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Do you want it for looks or performance? Any source of cold air will do for the blower setup. Ram Air on these cars is simply a marketing term for cold air induction - there's no real value to ram air under maybe 180mph.

Jim
Old 04-27-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Do you want it for looks or performance? Any source of cold air will do for the blower setup. Ram Air on these cars is simply a marketing term for cold air induction - there's no real value to ram air under maybe 180mph.

Jim
Basically I have the ram air box I just bought for a ram air ws6 hood I am putting on... I thought I might as well utilize it since I have it, although I could always just sell it. I thought it would look neat having the pipeing come out of the ram air box,take a hard right, jog straight over toward the driver side fender, then straight down to the opening where the vortech filter,maf,flex hose would be... I was hoping someone else that had a ram air setup might have tried something like this when they put a supercharger on???
Old 04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be a pretty nifty idea. I thought about some way to hook up my ram air on my SS but I don't think it would work out.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I get the head unit put on I am going to take some measurement, maybe use some cheap tubing to make a prototype to see if it is going to work out before I purchase aluminum tube. I will take pics... I have a lot going on with the engine bay right now, painting intake, polishing fins and fuel rails, whole engine bay makeover plug holes/sand/prime/paint plus a super charger installation.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

If you have the room for the right size tubing, it would be a cool custom project, as long as the filter in your ram air is large enough to not be a restriction with forced induction. Otherwise you need to scrap it for a properly sized filter, because a restriction before the blower affects your entire boost curve and peak.

Jim
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you ever do this?

Did you ever do this?

Quick Reply: LT1 Ram Air box w/ vortech supercharger... possible???