LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Clutch Kit, Centerforce OR ZOOM??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which Clutch Kit, Centerforce OR ZOOM??

I have a 95 vette, and I am in the process of replacing the current factory clutch kit with a high performance clutch kit for street and strip.

But I just don't know which clutch kit should I choose (is better)?

Should I go with the Zoom High Performance clutch kits that feature a disc with a dual-sided KEVLARŽ friction surface?

OR

Should I go with Centerforce Dual Friction clutches??

Please note that I will be using a FIDANZA Aluminum flywheel to go with either..

Thanks
Old 04-28-2007, 01:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it's reeeeeaaaaaaalllllly not much help, but for the hell of it (good deal, needed a clutch anyways), my friend put a Centerforce Dual in a junk 89 CRX SI he had, and he abused the HELL out of it, and it wouldn't slip. Dumps from 5grand, would get the tires just spinning, and into second, no slip, into 3rd which it wasn't going fast enough for and it still grabbed and kept the tires spinning. I miss that junker Fun times

Anywho. I really don't think you can go wrong with either of them. I know the kevlar discs are supposed to be really good, but my friend put one in his Diesel, and he sheered all the rivets of the splined shaft area. We had to put in small bolts and tack on the nuts. It still didn't grip very well after that. It was rated up to over 800ft/lbs, and all he had done was a bigger turbo (his was a 1991, no intercooler).

I'm sure someone else will chime in with more worth while info :\
Old 04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I destroyed a Centerforce DF in less than 25k. I don't know if this is normal or not, but just thought I'd tell you how the centerforce DF held up behind my bolt on LT1.

Quick Reply: Which Clutch Kit, Centerforce OR ZOOM??