Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

The Truth About A Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Truth About A Car

Do any of you hate it when people hide stuff about their car so they can sell it? I had a 2001 Z28 that I did a lot of midifications too. Then I had an accident and wasn't happy with the car afterwards so I sold it. Now I saw it on ebay and there are some false things listed. Here is the link to the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

The add says the car was never chopped on. I know that is false because I saw the damage and cutting at the shop.

It also says it was never abused or raced at the drag strip. I know that is false because I am the one who built the car and raced it.

And it also states that the wreck was not bad. Ok, if you consider almost $13K in damages not bad then it is true. It just irritates be because someone is going to pay more for this car then I got and doesn't know all the truth behind it. So if you know the persons bidding or agree with me on this, then send me a message. I have all the pictures from the modifications, history, and accident on the car and would really like to tell them the truth about this car before they get deep into it.

By the way I am a soldier in Iraq right now. So a little time between my responses may happen. But please send messages or respond as needed.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Teching In

it was also listed in the for sale section on this forum
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM

Looks like a nice car.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

IN CANADA we have rules/law that all body shops are supposed to adhere to by sending a copy of repairs over 2000$ to our MOTOR VEHICLE BRANCH...which then gets flagged[at least here in BC..because we have GOV. Insurance.]...so in most cases repairs/damages CANNOT be hidden from prospective buyers.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That would be called carfax. It will show on a carfax that damage was hit in rear : Severe.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
That would be called carfax. It will show on a carfax that damage was hit in rear : Severe.
NOT NECESSARILY!

this is the stupidest (and most common, so no offense intended) misconception you see about carfax. yes, it's a great resource but it is absolutely NOT 100% correct about accidents. many states don't report them, period.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
NOT NECESSARILY!

this is the stupidest (and most common, so no offense intended) misconception you see about carfax. yes, it's a great resource but it is absolutely NOT 100% correct about accidents. many states don't report them, period.
My car was damaged by the previous owner when he ran over something huge in the road. The car got a new k-member and a couple of other front end parts. Nothing showed up on carfax that it needed such extensive repairs. Too bad I had to find out about most of the damage when I started to work on the car.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hobb3s
My car was damaged by the previous owner when he ran over something huge in the road. The car got a new k-member and a couple of other front end parts. Nothing showed up on carfax that it needed such extensive repairs. Too bad I had to find out about most of the damage when I started to work on the car.
Carfax has worked hard to make people think their info is gold.

I bought a totalled 94 formy for the drivetrain... this car was completely destroyed in the back, no note of it on carfax whatsoever. They showed it as clean, guaranteed no accidents.

Always, always look over a car yourself before you buy it. Hopefully someone local will be the winner on that car and they'll look it over before they fork over the dough. I don't think he even mentioned that it had been wrecked in the listing did he? Just said "repainted," then he came out in said it in one of his answers.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
Carfax has worked hard to make people think their info is gold.

I bought a totalled 94 formy for the drivetrain... this car was completely destroyed in the back, no note of it on carfax whatsoever. They showed it as clean, guaranteed no accidents.
X2!!!! Carfax is worthless in my opinion! I saw a carfax on mine on a friends formula that was 13k damages and nothing on carfax (shouldve been totalled -nice insurance guy let him keep it and they paid damages)
Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

I remember my first car... Got T-boned... didn't findout till I open the door panal and found an '00 door on a 95 camaro, and a huge load of dirt in the fender.

Always put the car up and inspect it for signs of damage.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just emailed the buyer. THanks for the information. I gave him a quick run down and my email if he wants the pictures of the modifications, wreck, and any other information.

Quick Reply: The Truth About A Car