LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 383 piecing together

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 383 piecing together

i am putting together a 383 that i had built for me locally by some local cats. real cool guys and now im just trying to put all my pieces together.. the motor is currently in the car and im trying to figure out all the plugs and stuff.. but anyways i figured out how to put in my alt. relocation kit from thunder racing (also local shop) so now that thats in, i got the spark plug wires to run and some stuff on top of the intake that i have no idea what goes where...

I have a csi electric water pump trying to plug in somewhere not sure what goes to that either.. but the main problem i am having now is getting the coolant lines into the radiator again... i know it should be simple but my car isnt the prettiest thing in the world under the hood .. ehh i can produce pics if necessary and anyone know how to run the over the calve cover spark plug wires any tips would be appreciated..
Old 04-29-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one got any pics of the stock intake installed and working?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

theres a lot of pollution **** on the sides of the manifold that aren't necessary if youve deleted a.i.r. and egr functions. camaross.com would be a better place to find info on LT1's. I just did a 93 to 94 swap and installed my harness yesterday. I know most of the plugs minus the pollution ****. If you get the harness laid out correctly its not hard to figure out. Start with the injector strands. Driver side is 1357 and pass side is 2468. Then shove the trans. section down behind the engine. The other strand on the pass side goes down to the starter. The front of the driver side goes to coil and MAF sensor, and grounds go on the coil braket stud, and the head temp. sensor near spark plug 1 and 2. Pass side strand goes to tps, iac, intake temp, water pump coolant temp. and down to the AC compressor. The leftover strand on the driver side goes down the back side to the oil press sender and the oil level sensor. The lone plug near the shock tower is AC press. sensor and the rest is self explanatory or pollution crap I dont use. Thats about it.

Quick Reply: lt1 383 piecing together