Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HVAC CU lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC CU lights

I pulled out the pigtail for the HVAC control unit lights out because they didn't work. When I looked at the bulbs they didn't look blown, so I tested the pigtail. 12V all the way to the connector at the back of the socket.

Now I can't get the bulbs out! I broke one and pulled out all off its innards trying to get it out with needle nosed pliers. WTF. I just wanna change my light bulbs. Any suggestions?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JDubs
I pulled out the pigtail for the HVAC control unit lights out because they didn't work. When I looked at the bulbs they didn't look blown, so I tested the pigtail. 12V all the way to the connector at the back of the socket.

Now I can't get the bulbs out! I broke one and pulled out all off its innards trying to get it out with needle nosed pliers. WTF. I just wanna change my light bulbs. Any suggestions?

I believe they should just turn and pull out. I replace mine with blue led's.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

OK, I figued I would just replace the sockets on the pigtail, along with new bulbs.... Pep-boys, Advance, and Auto-zone all carried the same brand, and they had a socket that was close (same twist in design) but too big. I have to think these sockets exist. Any electrical gurus know a web-site that might carry it?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JDubs
OK, I figued I would just replace the sockets on the pigtail, along with new bulbs.... Pep-boys, Advance, and Auto-zone all carried the same brand, and they had a socket that was close (same twist in design) but too big. I have to think these sockets exist. Any electrical gurus know a web-site that might carry it?
just get a small flat head screwdriver(i bought a tiny set a Walmart. there in a yellow clear box) and dig em out NOTE: this may take 10min. Thats how i did mine b/c i broke 3 outta 4 of em