installed full exhaust this weekend, a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed full exhaust this weekend, a few questions.

installed the exhaust in my sig. (TSP true duals, QTP race style, borla xr-1) and pulled off my EGR and blocked off the egr hole in the manifold.

also changed the plugs(went with a .050 gap on bosch platinums)

it's LOUDDD...but i love it.

ok
1) the Borlas are the lowest part, how do i get them higher? It seems like the X pipe is keeping them from being raised any higher.../sad face. (the turndowns are about 4-5inches from the ground, about 4 inches in front of the axle.) Do you think it would be ok to just force them up, and then use a hanger to keep them in that position?

2) i think i'm running extremeeeely rich. Is it normal for the engine to lose a lot of bottom end after this install? I guess i need a serious tune...cuz my idle is also about 300rpms higher than it should be.

Thanks guys,

p.s. no i dont have pictures.....i dont have an upload cable for my camera yet.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

why did you gap to.50 shouldn't it be .30-32 that could be why ive seen this happen before.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

.50-.60 is good NOT .30-.32

as far as them hanging low you have to understand you bpught pre-man bolt on pieces, not custom td's. they will fit but they are not going to be perfect if you would have had them made rael time at an exhaust shop. im sure they can be adjusted...

If you deleted AIR and EFR you HAVE TO get a tune if not you willl throw codes and have all the issues you are describing.

my $.02 ....

J
Old 04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the comments guys...this helps a lot....

one question though, .32 gap??????

i've read that most guys do 45-55 gap....like for reference i did a search and found that most people who use ngk tr55's are like .50 gap...and ac delcos are the same

as for the EGR tuning, yeh i'm going to have that done ASAP now that you guys have confirmed it.

Thanks,