Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cooling success with A/C on Procharged street duty combos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Cooling success with A/C on Procharged street duty combos

How many have had it and what is your recipe?
Have searched many threads on this topic and want current feedback from those who have been there and are here now.

Using a F1A/FMIC set up what is the best way to go when running this set-up that cools like a stock LS1 with a 180 stat in place? Or is it possible?

Seems several have mentioned they cannot run AC in the hot summer climates. Has anyone had success with this in a 'true' street car environment, stop and go traffic, long idle times, etc? Temps 200 or below on hot, sunny, high humidity 95 degree day.

I know fitment is an issue for the F1A head unit vs the D1SC. If using a Be Cool radiator, AC condenser, and the ATI 16" along with a 9" SPal low profile on an aluminum 403 how well does the package fit? Anyone have pics or other suggestions for an adequate cooling system? Some say they don't have problems, but the majority in the search seem to say the can't run the AC or they will overheat......

Specifically, I would like to know if anyone has a Be Cool radiator with the factory AC condenser and the ATI fan set-up + 9" low profile Spal and the F1A (stock ATI air inlet) and has an operational extended street duty cooling system?

I read TS6's woes and would like to know just how common it is for these ATI Procharged pump gas street cars to be so finicky on cooling.

Thoughts....... and as always thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running the high capacity SLP radiator with the ATI 16" fan and 9" Spal fan with a F1A with no cooling issues at but I have no room for the stock a/c condenser. I would really like to know if anyone has figured out how to run a F1 series blower and still have a/c.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few thoughts:

First, have the airflow shouded into the front of the condenser/radiator, meaning the air coming from the front end, & underneath via the airdam inplace, scooping air directly into the condenser/radiator...if the air isn't "directed" into the radiator/condenser somehow, there is a chance your gonna have issues.

Second, try and use the stock fans & shroud if you can fit them (moving radiator & condenser forward). If not, run the 16"/9" combo and consider adding a 7" fan to that on the same shroud, on the 9" side.

Third, heat extractors in your hood would help.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All answers should be in these 2 threads.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=cool+radiator

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=ati+cooling

Quick Reply: Cooling success with A/C on Procharged street duty combos