LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

needin help bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needin help bad

im gettin 5 codes up right now, 2 of which have been there for years which are P0171 running lean bank1 and P0174 running lean bank 2, i tried replcing o2 sensors and the iac valve and did nuthing, so if you can point me in the right direction there that would be great. but my big problem right now are the other 3
P0300 - random/multiple cylinder misfire
P0410 - secondary air injection system malfunction
P0420 - catlyse eficiency below threshold bank 1

my very first instinct was smog pump, and there just happened to be a hose lose from the pump to the intake just before the mass airflow sensor so i hooked it back up n prayed and ofcourse it wasent the problem, i didnt even get out of the driveway b4 the misfire code came back, and then i came inside to eat and thot i would look for some insight from those wiser then myself, any input or suggestions would be greatly appriciated, keep in mind that this is a 96 camaro, all stock, and i dont believe it makes a difference in this situation but incase it does it is a SS
Old 04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well F&*K me runnin, i go back out and look for about 5 or 6 seconds and found myself a spark plug wire just dangling there plain as day, lol, but if you have any ideas on the runnin lean bank 1 and bank 2 that is still an issues, but its one ive had for the last couple years and aint causin me much trouble
Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the lean condition could possibly cause cats to fail.i would correct the problem.as for why the lean condition i would start with a check of all the hoses i.e vacum lines intake duct and last mabe the intake manifold.if you want take it down to nocal muffler and truck in manteca they can probably help you out.i know them pretty well.they have pretty good knowledge of f-bodies.

Quick Reply: needin help bad