Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help pump cracked after 200 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help pump cracked after 200 miles

Ok guys need some help on my rebuilt 4l60e. After 200 miles lost all gears took it back to the shop and found out the pump is split in half ....What could have caused this? T.C.?..What i had done to tranny is(blue plate clutches,kolene steels gasket, seals,rings,kevlar band,low rev.sprag,input sprag,front planetary carrier,rear planetary carrier,output shaft,front ring gear,sun gear,thrust washer&bearing kit,3000 hughes stall shift kit+bunch other stuff... Tranns shifts & locks up perfect and temp never over 170...

Problem's when it was working...
1. When i shift from park to rev.it clunks loud ,then shift to drive you cant feel it engauge but hit the gas and it goes.
2.If you shift from park to drive you CAN feel it engauge perfect
3.Here's the big problem. IF i put the car in park on level flat land and turn the car off and restart the car it will jump foward for a split sec. like i was starting it in gear...Doesn't do it if the car is park on a hill...
4.Before the pump went out someting was ticking bad like a exhaust leak then 4miles later lost all gears and no more ticking .....
I've checked u-joints, shifter cable,and trans mount for some of theses problems...
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.....I dont know crap about building tranns just know howto fork out money for them and blow them up......THANKS

Last edited by bitchncamaro; 05-01-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Fine someone else to build and install the trans

Call 888-744-6542