Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Yellow Ion Navigator Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Yellow Ion Navigator Fog Lights

First off, thanks to HotWhipT/A for the idea of this. I had 4-3/8" APCs before, but these are 10x better than those. Both fog lights have the same O.D. yet the new ones look alot bigger too. I had H3 yellow ion bulbs in the APCs and transfered them to the Navi's. The beam output on the Navi's is so much better than the APCs. The yellow bulbs bend in with my 8000K HIDs and I swear I can see 10x better than with only the HIDs. It's amazing and I wish I'd used these 2 years ago but they didn't make them then. I'd highly recommend these fog lights with the yellow ion bulbs to any T/A owner!

WITH ONLY HIDS

WITH HIDS & FOGS
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you have yellow fog lights when your headlights are whiteish blue?? I don't get it...
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah not digging the yellow...also not liking how they don't fit very well, looks like they don't fill up the hole.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very close encounters of the third kind man
Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those definitley seem to throw the light way better than the stockers. and echnically the Yellow light is a higher lumen therefor brighter light. But I do think it clases pretty badly with the whole HID look.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

for a fog light its not better to have brighter white even though it would match. The yellow color cuts through fog better at least what i've been told. I've never tested it.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: king of prussia, pa (home) and williamsport, pa (school)

i think it makes the front end look meaner. especially when others are lookin in there rear view mirror and see that.
i vote it looks badass
Old 05-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LILWS6
for a fog light its not better to have brighter white even though it would match. The yellow color cuts through fog better at least what i've been told. I've never tested it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL. I think I'm the only person that digs the yellow fogs. I have yet to find someone that does like them. I did yellow fogs for 3 reasons.
1. I don't see the reason to drop a couple hundred bucks for HID fogs to match. I could get "HID-like" bulbs, but that would look cheesy and like crap IMO. Could leave them off, but then why have fog lights?
2. Like was said, fog lights should be yellow because they cut the through the fog alot better than if I had HIDs down there. If they're regular halogens, they're useless if you have HIDs (can't tell if they're even on). The yellow also cuts through my HIDs so they're actually extremely useful (with and without fog)
3. I don't want to look like every other T/A, always striving to be different

Also like I said before, the HIDs with the yellow fogs allows me to see 2x better than with HIDs alone. I didn't expect that to be the case, but I was pleasantly surprised it did! Also these fogs are only 1/8" difference in size from the stock fog lights (4 1/2"), doubtful anyone can tell the difference in size. Now if I'd went with the Hella fogs which are 4", then yeah you can definitely see the 1/2" in difference in the bumper.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM
SCRWS6

the color that happens when the two lights blend is cool....relaxing......ahh....I feel better.....I`ve heard the yellow lights working better in the fog or maybe its just because they make it easier on the eyes
Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SCRWS6
the color that happens when the two lights blend is cool....relaxing......ahh....I feel better.....I`ve heard the yellow lights working better in the fog or maybe its just because they make it easier on the eyes
Exactly! And it's that color that makes it even easier on the eyes to see the road. I'm still amazed on how much better I can see with my fogs on than off and the only thing it took was to put some new fog lights on that projected the light alot better. I look forward to driving at night now, just like when I first put my HIDs on.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think they look pretty good, I'm not a fan of the yellow but they lenses look like they fill up the opening pretty well. That's my only complaint with other aftermarket housings I've seen. I might have to look into a set
Old 05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned

whered you get the housings at
Old 05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is the lens plastic or glass? I found a set for pretty cheap and I think I might pick them up
Old 05-05-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it looks good. It is true that yellow is better for foglights. Has the look of the Lexus that has yellow fogs with HID's.

Mike

Quick Reply: Yellow Ion Navigator Fog Lights