Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Deck and Static noise HELP Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New Deck and Static noise HELP Please

I Installed a panasonic deck on friday and theres static noise in the background all the time its not that loud but its very annoying, especially when changing songs and all you hear is static. My buddy has the same deck and his does'nt do this hes got no static noise at all. There was a bunch of wires in the back I think there called rca's and two of them didnt have the little plastic caps, the caps arnt on there because my buddy who I got the deck from was running an amp and Im not like the others could this be causing this noise my the two touching each other? Right now Im really confused On what it causing this, Ive used a cd cleaner disk and it did nothing.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
Ryan
Old 05-02-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this at every location at all times or have you just tried it in your driveway or something? Sometimes more sensitive HUs will pick up additional noise caused by power lines, etc -- might be a setting to help fix this on your HU.

Check all connections first, make sure everything is clean. Is the antenna adapter snug (is the antenna itself screwed in well also)? This is more stiff and comes loose somewhat easily sometimes installing the HU, etc.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Resident

sounds like a bad ground to me. OK turn on the radio, turn the volume down to like 3, then rev the car. IS there a difference in the static? let us know. Little by little we can diagnose the problem.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

hey guys, the static is all the time in every location, even when the volume is at 3 and I rev it the static stays the same. Could it be the rca's ends touching each other?

Thanks guys
Ryan
Old 05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bad ground. My car is doing the same exact thing. I grounded my HU into the factory harness ground. I need to go and change the ground to an actual chassis ground. That will solve my problem and possibly your`s.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Jebcamaro, I also used the factory ground, makes sence to ground it better, do I have to ground it to the chassis or can I ground it to a Piece of metal in the interior.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by airfix
Jebcamaro, I also used the factory ground, makes sence to ground it better, do I have to ground it to the chassis or can I ground it to a Piece of metal in the interior.
Thanks for the help.
You should be able to somewhere down by the floor under the dash
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First check to see if all the connections are good and tight. But it does sound like a bad ground. Make sure its fastened tightly and hasn't come loose.