Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Few amp wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few amp wiring questions

Ok i just bought a 4 channel amp i already have type r's in the doors im going to order another set for the rear and im also going to get new 4inch ones for the back. Now my question is how do i wire 6 speakers to a 4 channel amp?

Can i wire each front to their own channel and then connect the left rear and hatch to the third channel and the right side rears to the fourth?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt run the hatch speakers at all, if you do power them off the headunit... by running them off the rear channels with the rear speakers you are gonna have to turn the gains down low enough so the speakers in the hatch dont blow
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

In my research for installing a completely new system and taking out the old monsoon system, I have been told to not use any speakers in the back as you want all you highs and mids to come from the front. I will have fronts and then midbass in the sail panels. I will be running two amps. One for the fronts and one for the sails. But if you use one then you are covered if you do not use the rears.

On the other hand you could daisy chain another amp to power your rears.

Or if you have rca's and speaker wires from your hu, then you could use the rca's for your amp and then just use your hu to power the rears.

This is the info I have been working with. Just thought I would share.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a sub as well? You realize that by getting rid of your sail panel speakers and replacing them with coaxials (you will have full range there at least since you are using your own amp) that you are eliminating most of the stock setups bass...right? If that is what you want, the doors and sails amped should give you no reason to want hatch speakers as well....if you STILL want them - then let them run off of the stock Monsoon amp.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

yea i realize i would only have 4 co ax speakers and no im not running a sub, at least not for now. Is there any setup i can buy that are just 6.5 subs like in the sail panels? or do i have to go with a component setup.
Actually i saw that thread about the ED speakers but are there any out there that dont cause fitment issues?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Don't touch sail panel speakers or hatch speakers. Put the money you would spend for sail panel speakers towards getting a real sub.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

i dont really want a sub i got the amp for cheap and my system sounds like crap with half the speakers on stock amp and the fronts wired to the head unit so i just wanted to hook all the speakers up to an amp and i figured i would just upgrade them a little.

Im not trying to add alot more weight to the car so the benefits of a sub are not really worth it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Do you honestly think the added weight is going to slow anything down?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

not really significantly but i really dont care enough to even buy one so thats not an option. I just wanted to know if i can wire 6 to the 4 channel but i may end up just buying a component set for the front and put my type r's i have in the door in the back