Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Temp Sending Unit Placement!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp Sending Unit Placement!

Hey guys Im almost done with it now, but was gona check to see if anyone has had a problem or even done the temp sending unit in the lower radiator hose? Everything is stainless pipe and the lower pipe is on the cold side of the turbo so shouldnt get hotter from it! Ive lost it for some reason, but it is correct that the water is pushed through the bottom hose into the radiator? Its pretty bad when you start to question yourself!! Haha!! Oh yea runnin the gen 7 dfi so temps are important!!

Thanks
Billy
Old 05-02-2007, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Normal cooling systems push hot water from the block into the top hose, then thru the radiator, cold water exitting at the bottom hose, before being drawin into the engine via the pump...

There are some exceptions to this rule, but 95% of engines operate this way.

So top hose would be a better place for a temp sensor. But ideally you want it on the engine somwhere, before the thermostat, so it is actually measuring engine temps at all time.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I thought but for some reason I got myself all screwed up!! Hell I can bearly think straight anymore!! I need to slow down some!! Ha!