Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sail Panel Replacement Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sail Panel Replacement Information

So i got the OK from GM to have my sail panel replaced. I have an appointment for June 4th. Does anyone have a detailed procedure with pics and part numbers that I can take with me to the dealership? I just hope they do not do something wrong when replacing it. Thanks...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you tell me who you talked to. My local dealership isn't willing to do a damn thing. Told them the just lost a new HD sale too.lol
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had this done twice. You dont need to bring anything with you at all. All your going to do is sit in that waiting area watching the price is right. Or they're going to keep the car for a few days and your going home in a loaner or rental.

I just had mine done 2 months ago. Nothing should go wrong its an easy fix. I have seen it done before to my camaro. Dont sweat it everything is going to be fine.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, I talked to the body shop manager and expressed my concerns and he was open to looking at any information that I could give him since they have not done this to any other f bodies...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:12 PM
FormerVendor

GM agreed to pay for half of the WS6 repair job. We got it done, and the cost was about $1000 parts and labor. After the car was fixed, GM backed out and denied ever having agreed to pay for half. I'm tempted to never buy another one of their cars again.

GM actually told the body shop manager they were going to pay half as well, and he got pissed when they backed out. Bottom line, we paid the whole bill, the car looks good, GM has some dirty damn liars working their customer service lines. Don't beleive anything they tell you, and if they agree to pay, make sure you record the call when they say it. They record you, you record them. Document everything that is said with names, dates and times. If they can f^^k you, they will... and they'll do it with a smile.

Oh yeah, the new roof is not fiberglass. It is the polyurethane material that the bumper covers are made of.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssPetess
So i got the OK from GM to have my sail panel replaced. I have an appointment for June 4th. Does anyone have a detailed procedure with pics and part numbers that I can take with me to the dealership? I just hope they do not do something wrong when replacing it. Thanks...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body-work/308546-bubbling-sail-panel-issue-dummies.html
Old 05-03-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
GM agreed to pay for half of the WS6 repair job. We got it done, and the cost was about $1000 parts and labor. After the car was fixed, GM backed out and denied ever having agreed to pay for half. I'm tempted to never buy another one of their cars again.

GM actually told the body shop manager they were going to pay half as well, and he got pissed when they backed out. Bottom line, we paid the whole bill, the car looks good, GM has some dirty damn liars working their customer service lines. Don't beleive anything they tell you, and if they agree to pay, make sure you record the call when they say it. They record you, you record them. Document everything that is said with names, dates and times. If they can f^^k you, they will... and they'll do it with a smile.

Oh yeah, the new roof is not fiberglass. It is the polyurethane material that the bumper covers are made of.
GM spoke directly with the body shop manager so I hope that is not an issue... I did not know that they changed the sail from fiberglass to poly.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
If they can f^^k you, they will... and they'll do it with a smile.
...Yup.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just got notified by the area manager......denied!

Next step....Pontiac Customer service and then Better Business Bureau.

Has Anyone had there's approved by Pontiac or GM? I need to cite precedent w/BBB when I file my claim, cause I already know Pontiac won't approve.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try giving this guy at GM a call. I hear that he knows all about it and works with ya all the way.

scott summers 866-790-5700 ext 22482
Old 05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you sir......will do! I got some woman rep by the name of Sheena who was NO HELP AT ALL. Just sorry, sorry, and sorry.......and I agree, they were sorry alright.

Quick Reply: Sail Panel Replacement Information