Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Special thanks to LS1 Sounds. Finally took care of my foogy Camaro headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up Special thanks to LS1 Sounds. Finally took care of my foogy Camaro headlamp

Well I wanted to tell others that may not look at the sticky that the fixing foggy Camaro headlamps isn't all that hard. My headlamps wasn't as bad as some of the others i see but it was enough to **** me off everytime i looked at my car. First off I wet sanded the hell out them! I used 400,800,1000 and 1200 grit. I wanted to take out the fine lines with 1500 or 2000 but after a trip to 7 different stores 1200 was the highest i could find Well After i spent a few hours wetsanding I took them to wilwhite2kss's house to use his polishing bits. We used Meguairs PlastX and they came out looking great. We noticed that since i didn't have 1500 grit or 2000 that there were some very very fine scratches there. He suggested using some mothers metal polish because of the very fine abrasives in it. We used it and it worked like a charm. I don't really have a good before pic but if you look closely you will see a difference in my drivers side headlamp and passenger. The Passenger one isn't even a year old (because some lady decided to back into me) but the drivers side is the one that was sanded and polished. I will have a pic of the lamp back on the car as soon as i was all the pollen off in a few

BEFORE

AFTER

Again thanks to LS1 Sounds for a great write up! If you need to do the same I highly suggest following his write up I was ready to buy some Halo's but rather put that into a few upcoming mods
Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! But really, from your before pic, your lights weren't as bad as some I've seen. I do know what you mean by it getting on your nerves just seeing them like that!

My old Z had the 'fog' problem REAL bad...I tried everything, and could not get them to clear up to save my life. but those things were fogged real bad .

Luckily (I guess) I had an accident not long after I bought the car. My friend that works at a body shop wrote the estimate up for me and added a couple of new headlights. That was one easy way to get them fixed!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Looks good! But really, from your before pic, your lights weren't as bad as some I've seen. I do know what you mean by it getting on your nerves just seeing them like that!

My old Z had the 'fog' problem REAL bad...I tried everything, and could not get them to clear up to save my life. but those things were fogged real bad .

Luckily (I guess) I had an accident not long after I bought the car. My friend that works at a body shop wrote the estimate up for me and added a couple of new headlights. That was one easy way to get them fixed!
Yea, that pic was about 3 months old and it was just a hair foggier than the pic. Nowhere as bad as some of the ones i have seen.

Quick Reply: Special thanks to LS1 Sounds. Finally took care of my foogy Camaro headlamp