LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Adjusting Comp Cam Pro Magnum Roller Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Comp Cam Pro Magnum Roller Rockers

lets make this short and sweet. I was wondering if any one knew exactly how to adjust the Comp Cam Pro Magnum Roller rockers.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

simple, bolt them on to a reasonable tightness, start the car, then go to each one with a mechanics stethoscope and and set them to zero lash. basicly as soon as they stop "ticking" your good, sometimes depending on the build ill got 1/8th of a turn but NO more. set the screw and snug. that crap you read about adjusting the rockers at different engine revolutions will only get you "close" the best way is to adjust with the engine running and for the best performance you want to get as close to zero lash as possible.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Teching In

I actually was just going to post a question about them so I hope you do not mind???

The problem I am having is the set screw will not hold unless I tighten them down 3/4 to 1 full turn rather than the 1/2 at 0 slack. My compression numbers are dead accurate so the additional turn does not appear to effect anything??

By the way they did feel tight untill I check one with an open end wrench and was surprised it still moved after being tightened with the allen screw?? turned it 1/2 more and locked tight. What gives???

Did you have same problem???

Do the roller rockers stop the oil spray or splash when adjustring well running??
Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Oil will spray a good bit. Rig yourself up a shield from a carboard box or something to go around the heads.

Quick Reply: Adjusting Comp Cam Pro Magnum Roller Rockers