Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textralia Exo Skel install...may have blew it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Textralia Exo Skel install...may have blew it.

As the title suggest. I received my exo skel twin disk they come assembled. In my rush to get it on my car, I unbolted the pressure plate and took the flywheel and put it on the crank. Unfortunately in my haste I neglected to mark or take not of exactly where the flywheel was in relation to the pressure plate.

I went back and checked the whole clutch for any marks or identification. The flywheel is completely untouched. However the pressure plate has been marked and the small plate it hooks up to also is marked with the identical marks. I didn't disassemble this piece as there is no reason to. I am just worried about putting the pressure plate back on the flywheel..as there is no indication on the flywheel as to where it goes exactly. So I am wondering if it even matters....as the billet flywheel might be nuetral balanced. Just looking for anybody else's experience here.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, im sorry to hear about that
Old 05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did the same thing. I searched on here, there is a thread where pete from textralia said everything is neutral balanced. He recommended leaving it in the "as shipped" orientation, but it should not matter. Just make sure you put the disks in correctly (flywheel side to flywheel side, etc), use the right torque, and red-loctite everything. I got mine in last week, got a few hundred miles on it, no chatter, engages great!

Try searching for replies from textralia if you want to find that thread.

EDIT: Here it is, scroll down and read the post from textralia
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/606601-my-exoskel-just-came-pictures.html
Old 05-05-2007, 10:01 PM

Hey thanks a lot guys....Pete sent me an email and told me the same and I was also able to confirm it with another guy who knows a lot about this setup...but its great to here from the board sponsor and others the same response. I rechecked everything and am good to go now...cleared my conscience.

Thanks Again.

One interesting note is that my flywheel is completely clean...no holes from drilling...I hope that bad boy was close enough to call nuetral balanced.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Kevin, your a laugh....

It's idiot proof.... I'll give you a bell tomorrow.

I wanna catch up with you again next time I'm in "Forced Induction Heaven"..... I'll be over there later in the year..... Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Pete

Quick Reply: Textralia Exo Skel install...may have blew it.