Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Considering ETP LS7 or TEA/TFS 225's for a 402... and their required setup

Old 05-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering ETP LS7 or TEA/TFS 225's for a 402... and their required setup

Ok. I had full intentions of going with the L92/L76 setup, but now have changed my mind.

I am stuck between ETP LS7 and TEA/TFS 225 heads for my 402. Let's first talk about the ETP LS7 heads. I pm'ed carey for him to give me a quote on these and haven't heard anything back yet. If I run these heads, I would also, of course, sell my FAST 90 intake and run the LS7 Intake. Along with this, I would have to sell my 40lb green tops and purchase a set of LS7 injectors, and buy the LS7 fuel rail. It looks like I would also have to buy a set of LS7 rockers as well. Would my 90mm NW throttle body bolt right up, or would I need some ort of adapter?

Now for the TEA 225's... For this, I would use my FAST 90, injectors, and NW tb. The only thing I would hae to purchase would be a set of harland sharp rockers. Is this corect?

My main question. With all things conidered, wouldn't I be better off going with the LS7 heads/intake? I hve read somewhere that the FAST 90 flows 300cfm, while the LS7 intake flow 330 cfm. It seems to me that if each head flows close to the same numbers, then I would see more power using the LS7 head/intake combo.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pm sent

you would not have to change injectors. you would need a fuel rail kit and throttle body/ throttle bracket. The heads that you compared do not flow the same though the TFS heads do work well and make power too. The LS7 combo will make better power as rpm increases because of the largerport volume. The other alternative is to use our new 11 degree L92 combo that allows you to use your current fuel rails too. They flow similar to our LS7 heads, it is still yet to see a lot of results yet with the L92 intake manifold. I know they are out there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering ETP LS7 or TEA/TFS 225's for a 402... and their required setup