General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ten Kinds of messed Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ten Kinds of messed Up!!!

Well this is my first post in a long time and since I forgot my screen name I had to make a new one, and it does feel good to be back. I keep pretty up to date and I don't post many things because as most people who use ls1 tech know there is a load of info at your finger tips with a search. Ok, here it is.

I was driving home when a pretty bad storm came up and being on a stretch of highway I wanted to make it to the nearest city so I could pull over and get my car under some sort of protection. Well I was in sixth gear and it started hesitating and bogging, blinking SES. Well long story short it was P0171 and P0300, using the handy search function I changed my plugs, plug wires, and 02 sensors. Then put some seafoam in the gas and deep creeped the throttle body. I then drove it about 50 miles and know codes so with a smile on my face parked it. Then I decided to start it up again, no dash lights, the door open beep is funny and know sound from the starter. The few things that seem to be working re my widow switch keeps ticking(annoying as hell) and my seat belt light is on. I checked all the fuses, battery, grounds, and lost not knowing what the heck it could be so If anyone has seen this problem or has an idea please post. To keep the window switch from firing repeatedly i have disconnected the battery.

Sorry for the length and any help is greatly appreciated and it feelsgood to be back on. Thak you in advace.

Will
2002 WS6
Mods: Cam, headers, Nitrous, intake, cutout, and other bolt ons.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidKnightWS6
I checked... battery
Check again. It sounds like the battery is dicharged enough to cause problems, but still has enough charge to provide a small amount of current to some systems. If all systems turn off when you attempt to start the car, that's a guaranteed battery or terminal connection problem.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:40 AM

I just got the battery checked again and cleaned the terminals, no response from the car. The window switch isn't ticking anymore. Is it possible the whole electronics system shorted out?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Marc thank you for your reply it was the terminals.

Thank you