Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Viper 791xv ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 791xv ?'s

Car Audio I can do, but it has been awhile since I have put an alarm on.

I just got the Viper 791xv and was looking at some of the accessories to make it do more such as windows and other sensors.

I have a couple of questions and hopefully you guys can help me out. I am trying to keep the accessories to DEI products so they should be plug and play.

1. Am I going to need a bypass for the Passlock? I have found different ones over the net. Anyone have a model number for the one I need?

2. As far as the windows going up and down, I found the DEI 530T. Is this correct?

3. I was looking at aome of the extra sensors I can add, glass, motion and proximity. Are these worth the extra money to have?

4. Anyone have the wiring diagram or a link to one on where the wires are and colors? I can't find my Omega CD anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

What year is it? As far as proximity,glass, and motion......Glass is nice to have. Proximity and motion are nice to have if you are worring about ppl messin with your wheels, paint,etc.....Its also nice to have if you wanna leave your t-tops off or somethin, cuz if someone sticks their hand inside the car the alarm will go off.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by habeba86
What year is it? As far as proximity,glass, and motion......Glass is nice to have. Proximity and motion are nice to have if you are worring about ppl messin with your wheels, paint,etc.....Its also nice to have if you wanna leave your t-tops off or somethin, cuz if someone sticks their hand inside the car the alarm will go off.
Its for a 2002 Z28 M6.

I was thinking the samething as far as the sensors go.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

12volts red + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Ignition pink + ignition harness
Power Lock red/black - green plug at the BCM

Power Unlock tan & gray/black 5wi green plug at the BCM
Notes: The tan will unlock the drivers door and the gray/black will unlock the passenger door. Wire each as a 5-wire system with separate relays.

Lock Motor gray green plug at the BCM

Unlock Motor tan green plug at the BCM

Disarm Defeat gray/black green plug at the BCM

Parking Lights+ brown blue plug at the BCM

Parking Lights- black/white blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Not all models include this circuit.

The BCM is located in the passenger kick, just in front of the blower motor.
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Door Trigger - blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Use gray/black for the drivers door and black/white for the passengers door. Both triggers must be diode isolated.

Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - blue plug at the BCM
Trunk/Hatch Release brown + blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Some models are equipped with a factory alarm. The only way to disarm these alarms is with the factory remote or turning on the ignition. To turn off the factory alarm, see direct fax document #1051.
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer white blue plug at the PCM
Notes: The PCM is located under the hood on the passenger side inner fender at the firewall. On the V6 the wire is located in pin 54, and on the V8 the wire is located in pin 10.
Horn Trigger black - blue plug at the BCM
Notes: The BCM is located in the passenger kick, just in front of the blower motor.
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
VATS
Part #: 652T resistor pack
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by habeba86
12volts red + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Ignition pink + ignition harness
Power Lock red/black - green plug at the BCM

Power Unlock tan & gray/black 5wi green plug at the BCM
Notes: The tan will unlock the drivers door and the gray/black will unlock the passenger door. Wire each as a 5-wire system with separate relays.

Lock Motor gray green plug at the BCM

Unlock Motor tan green plug at the BCM

Disarm Defeat gray/black green plug at the BCM

Parking Lights+ brown blue plug at the BCM

Parking Lights- black/white blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Not all models include this circuit.

The BCM is located in the passenger kick, just in front of the blower motor.
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Door Trigger - blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Use gray/black for the drivers door and black/white for the passengers door. Both triggers must be diode isolated.

Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - blue plug at the BCM
Trunk/Hatch Release brown + blue plug at the BCM
Notes: Some models are equipped with a factory alarm. The only way to disarm these alarms is with the factory remote or turning on the ignition. To turn off the factory alarm, see direct fax document #1051.
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer white blue plug at the PCM
Notes: The PCM is located under the hood on the passenger side inner fender at the firewall. On the V6 the wire is located in pin 54, and on the V8 the wire is located in pin 10.
Horn Trigger black - blue plug at the BCM
Notes: The BCM is located in the passenger kick, just in front of the blower motor.
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
VATS
Part #: 652T resistor pack
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the 791 in my blazer and love it.My installer and a salesman talked me out of the glass and proximity sensor.The glass sensor can be set off by jingling car keys and other things.If your glass gets hit hard enough to shatter,your alarm WILL sound if its set up right.I had a proximity sensor on my old iroc and hated it bad,it was constantly going off especially when it was windy.The best things to add to the 791 are a battery backup (siren still sounds even if main battery cable is cut),and interior "pain generator" sirens.I got both of these add-ons from ebay for pretty cheap.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

A properly adjusted proximity sensor is a great thing. It has two zones - warn away and full alarm. Adjust the full alarm zone so that it only covers the interior. Then adjust the warn away zone so that it extends just a few inches outside the car. It should never go off because of wind since it's not affected by motion of the car (unless you have crap hanging from the mirror or something that would move in the interior). It's great for when you leave the windows down or the tops off but it also keeps cats from climbing on the car.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
A properly adjusted proximity sensor is a great thing. It has two zones - warn away and full alarm. Adjust the full alarm zone so that it only covers the interior. Then adjust the warn away zone so that it extends just a few inches outside the car. It should never go off because of wind since it's not affected by motion of the car (unless you have crap hanging from the mirror or something that would move in the interior). It's great for when you leave the windows down or the tops off but it also keeps cats from climbing on the car.

I was sooo going to call this bullshit hhe.. Then I remember earlier this spring.. getting up one morning and seeing how all the pollen was still stuck to the car in the funny shape of... about 12 cute lilttle kitty prints all across the hood and sindshield lol...