Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

key fob question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question key fob question

hello
i picked up my 01 WS6 on saturday and it came with no key fobs. it also has the factory alarm set up. i have read the FAQ and now know the part # for my car and have read the instructions to program there and in the owners manual. my question is: it appears they are based on the fact that you have one key fob already programed and then you can program up to 3 more. but since i do not have one at all will the instructions work if i just order the key fob? just looking for all the info i can get before i start spending money doing the trial and error thing. any input is greatly appreciated! i am tired of the horn beeping if i am not fast enough putting the key in the ignition. thanks

jman
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Launching!

no one??

any suggestions where i can go to find out?
thanks
jman
Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Vex
Teching In

I just bought my Z about a month ago.

Same 2 problems I had and here's what I did:

Look in your owner's manual and look under I think it was Alarm maybe. But anyway you just look in your manual and it gives instructions on how to use the door key and open the door without the alarm going off every time. It's like a combination of pulling out the radio's fuse on the fuse panel and turning your ignition key over and over and unlocking and locking your door.

Let me know if you do not have an owner's manual and I can copy the instructions down for you.

The next issue was the key fob.

I went onto Ebay and bought a fob for about 35 bucks from some dude in PA. DO NOT GO TO THE DEALERSHIP. They want like 70 for the fob and like 40 to program it and the prorgramming takes less than 3 minutes.

Once you get a fob, ask me again on what to do because I actually left the instructions at my Dad's house.... it is basically the same process as programming the alarm only slightly different. You do the fuse and key turning stuff but then hold down the lock and unlock button but its a tad bit more involved than that but not really...

So as of now focus on getting a fob and getting out your manual and reading.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Launching!

thanks for the help. yeah i saw that in the owners manual but i guess i was reading more into than i should. i thought it was only for programing additional key fobs. glad to hear thats all there is too it. i will get a key fob off ebay and should be good from there. then on to more important mods ha ha thanks again

jman
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Vex
Teching In

No problemo.