Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aux2Car/CD Changer Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aux2Car/CD Changer Confusion

Over the last year or so I've done a ton of research on the 94-02 CD HeadUnits for the Firebirds. Most of all I've found how really confusing it all is, but I've learned this, the 94-99.5 units were not capable of controlling a CD changer, the port was there for an external tape, also, the 99.5-02 units could control a CD changer. This is important to me, because I purchased a Peripheral Electronics Aux2Car unit for my MP3 player, and discovered it wouldn't work with my 97 Firebird. I'd been watching eBay all winter for a good deal on a 2000+ unit to replace mine, and finally bought one. It's a fully working unit out of an unknown Pontiac. Model# 09380152, Manufactured date 06/05/00, and the part number of the internal CD drive is E-8276A-2. Asyou can guess, the Aux2Car still does not work. I unhooked the headunit from the car, set the dip switches, plugged everything in, and it never switches to the aux input when I press the CD button. I've been trying to get help from Peripheral, but they seem useless. The guy there is telling me that the CD changer port might not be "active" and that my dealer can activate it. My dealer, and the techs at United Radio tell me there's no such thing. Just wondered if there's anyone else out there who's dealt with this. I'm very close to splicing a switch and input directly into the board between the CD player and the amp. If you have, thanks for reading all of this!

Quick Reply: Aux2Car/CD Changer Confusion