Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noobie

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Noobie

Hi all, im new to the forums and im not sure if i navigated right. I hope im in the right place, i have a 2002 camaro z28 with 38,000 miles on it. I was wondering what the very best headers, intake, and exhaust system would be. And if anyone knows where i could get any of that stuff for a good price. Also i wanted to know if there were any little projects that i could do to it that would add a decent amount of hp but also keep the cost below 1000. What im trying to say is that besides the headers, exhaust system, and intake, what the most hp i can get out of the car for under 1000. Besides nos, because i dont want to do nos just yet.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Default One more thing

One of my goals is to have this thing realy fuc!ing loud, i want to hear it a mile away. Also i heard that the 02 z28 has a governor on it, how can i take it off?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

ok here is the deal Noob (I say that in the most loving way)
Before you post, just read a lil bit and visit different sections on the site....read the stickies especially- before the mods/admins get ticked off- and get familiar with all that you want to get familiar with...

Also, all of your questions can be answered in EXTERNAL engine....most of the stuff here at internal is like heads/cam/valvetrain etcetc...

I dont want you to get flamed!!! Just read up...and oh yeah
check out the sponsors on the home page, they all have something to offer ---------->
Old 05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

I dont believe there is a governor, but there is a rev limiter....that can all be removed with basic tuning tools...(if there is a governor, I apologize for the ignorance)

As far as loud goes....go TD's dumped....with headers of course...thats about as loud as you can get
Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Staging Lane

thanks eric, i appreciate the help and for not flaming me. i posted the same topic in the external section.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Stickies are your friend. Welcome to the board. Not to say you cant post up a question...bit the majority of what you have asked has already been answered.

Hint: Try Maryland Speed for a great price on Jethot Longtubes. >>>>>>>>

R/

Frat
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Junkie

very best headers are gonna be stainless long tubes....kooks or QTP....steer clear of SLP

exhaust is gonna be 2.5" true duals, dumped at the axle. straight pipes would be loud as it gets, but some bullets will tame it down so your ears don't bleed.

for an intake, the 02 camaro already has the upgraded LS6 intake. no need to step up to the FAST till you get heads/cam

if you meant air intake...a SSRA and any lid work just fine

power for under $1000.....decent size cam is gonna be your best bet. with it you'll need new springs and pushrods, and a dyno tune. something in the low 23x range will yield about 400hp to the wheelss on stock heads. throw some heads on later and you're knocking on 450rwhp's door.

but remember power isn't everything. suspension, drivetrain and tires make the car perform.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

used lid, used hooker headers/offroad y pipe with electric cutout, Yank SS3800 Stall converter (new) with tranny cooler...

That should put you in the low 12s on a good tire, and should run you somewhere around 1500 bucks.

Glad to see you finally got your camaro man - see ya in jujitsu tomorrow