Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Leaking Fluid...

Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Fluid...

Well, after my mishap at the track a month ago, my car is back together. Removed 12-bolt and inspected for problems, removed LCA's panhard bar, and put antiseize on all adjustable threads. Install my new UMI adjustable Torque Arm. Filled the transmission with 3qts ATF and 1qt of GM synchromesh fluid.

I noticed that there was a puddle of tranny fluid under the car I looked and it appears to becoming from the area where the stock Torque arm bolts to the transmission. Could I have done something when I broke my stock Torque Arm? Is there any seal in that area? I checked my drain plug and it was tight. I also filled it from the shift boot.

Please... what could be leaking??? I want to go to the track on Thrus. night but don't think ill be able to if I can't fix this leak.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the tailshaft housing really close for cracks. I know you can break all kinds of stuff with a T/A failure. I have been there. Mine twisted the yoke, when the rear spun up & then the tone ring/reluctor for the VSS exploded when the mainshaft twisted.
So failures can be violent
If it needs a new tailshaft, you'll need to pull the trans though
You wont be able to get the shafts to line up in the horizontal position.

Search this Thread