General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car won't start and everything is going wrong

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start and everything is going wrong

Allright I changed the clutch on my car this weekend. We ended up not being able to get the hydraulics to firm in in the pedal. We took it for a spin and right back cranked up fine and everything. Got back still bad pressure so we took the master out and bleed it.

here's the problem

The next morning I take it out of the garage to drive to the shop cause I was done with foolin around with it. The car won't crank. just ticking.... we back it out and try and charge the battery and there's no spark from the battery. But somehow after much clicking the car turns over after I play witht he clutch pedal finding the right spot. After the gauges were flickering and crazy **** on the dash board was going on.

I get it half way down the street and the car just dies, all power gone. We weren't able to get it started again and towed to the shop. We have charged the battery and still get nothing but ticking. The car will charge up to around 13 then when try and start it it falls on its *** and dies.

I have no idea what to do to get it running, it's at the shop right now.

PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited by blacksskid07; 05-08-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Teching In

The battery may have 13 volts fully charged. It probably doesn't have good enough cranking amps to turn the engine over. Bring your battery to a parts store and have it checked. Or, get a volt meter and have somebody turn the key while you look at the voltage drop at th battery. Look on the battery for the right CA level
Old 05-08-2007, 05:39 PM
High on diesel fumes

Yep sounds like it's just a bad battery. Just looking at the voltage isn't enough to tell you if it's good. It needs to be load tested.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'll have a good battery put in to see if thats whats wrong, if it is i'll just buy a optima red top