General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

traction control stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control stuck

my TCS is messed up. whenever i turn the car on it, comes on like it suppost to. whenever the tires spin the tcs engage like it suppost to (the thing that comes on to stop u from pushing the pedal down... the cable i think) but it dont release. i think the throttle cable gets blocked from moving any futher, but after u get traction it wont release the cable and it gets stuck in that position. so now when i drive its stuck like that (TCS on or off) and i cant even go over 2k rpm cause of it. i dissconnected the batt nothing happened, i un-hooked the wire to the system and nothing happens. so what i have to do is stick 2 wires into the connector and hot wire it straight to the battery to reverse the motor to release the cable. any one knows what wrong and what i can do to fix it?

Last edited by jblack245; 09-22-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: still need help
Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried unplugging it and seeing how it reacts to that? also is your brake light on also?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

yea i unplug it and i still cant push the pedal all the way down, unless i force it. what brake light? something on the dash or the brake lights in the back?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:18 AM
On The Tree

bump. moved to dallas tx last year and this being my daily driver i would like to get this fixed. i got to drive in the ice and snow we had early this year coming from cali never driving in ice or snow. i made it tho.. so would be nice to have again
Old 09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jblack245
bump. moved to dallas tx last year and this being my daily driver i would like to get this fixed. i got to drive in the ice and snow we had early this year coming from cali never driving in ice or snow. i made it tho.. so would be nice to have again
God Damn! you spent ~4 years without replacing the traction control motor / Throttle Cable assembly?

There is not much that could fail in that system.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

haha yup. well when i was station in florida and california i never wanted it so didnt really care for it. but now i would like to have once again. so u think i will just need to replace the whole motor/ cable assembly? i thought about that and tried to google the motor etc. cant find nothing. where could i buy new? i know i prob could find in a junk yard.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Junkyard, ebay, gm dealer, online surplus parts stores?