View Poll Results: What should I do?
Handle it thru paypal and repay him if it arrives
50.00%
Give it more time (specify time in thread)...
50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

When to start getting ticked...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default When to start getting ticked...

At what point should I take action related to a transaction I've made with a person selling here on LS1tech.

agreed on a price and paid via paypal on 4/28 - I specifically requested that tracking info be sent to be when it was available.

seller indicated the item (an intake) was sent on monday 4/30 at 8am.

I replied asking for the tracking info

seller has failed to respond to any further PM's (but has read them) since last week.

...now, I could assume that he sent it and just doesn't want to be bothered about the tracking info - but if so, why not reply? He has over 200 posts since the beginning of last year and a trader rating of 4 (no negatives)...so why not reply?

something tells me to file my grievance with paypal now and repay him if/when the item arrives.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

i would wait till friday, then send him a pm explaining what you plan to do. if hes reading it, it should give him incentive to reply and ull find out what is going on.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you only have 30 days to make a paypal claim.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

i understand where your coming from, i myself am in your same position. however i didnt pay with paypal, i sent a cashiers check. the seller i bought from is on here daily, reads all my pm's, and never responds. when i sent the cashiers check via fed ex, i pm'd him the tracking #'s to it and clearly told him i wanted the tracking #'s when he shipped the item. he received my money last thurs. i'm patient, but in my situation the seller is a sponsor for LS1tech and if he takes too long, i will be buying a plane ticket and showing up in person. just be patient, but remember you only have 45 days to resolve things with paypal, i think. good luck on getting your items.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BryanJohnson
i understand where your coming from, i myself am in your same position. however i didnt pay with paypal, i sent a cashiers check. the seller i bought from is on here daily, reads all my pm's, and never responds. when i sent the cashiers check via fed ex, i pm'd him the tracking #'s to it and clearly told him i wanted the tracking #'s when he shipped the item. he received my money last thurs. i'm patient, but in my situation the seller is a sponsor for LS1tech and if he takes too long, i will be buying a plane ticket and showing up in person. just be patient, but remember you only have 45 days to resolve things with paypal, i think. good luck on getting your items.
Aw man, that stinks because other than showing up (or possibly calling his local police) you dont have many options. Good luck with that, let me know how it turns out.

I think I'm going to give it at least a couple more days. Its really not the shipping *time* that concerns me - its that he's ignoring me now that he has my money that seems nefarious.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:36 AM
On The Tree

thats funny I am waiting on the exact same thing, with the exact same shipping date, Who did you buy it from. (PM if need be)

I think you have to wait atleast 45 befor filing a claim thru paypal, and you have to wait 40 days b4 you can say anything on here. So my way of backing my self up is that I pay eveything with my credit card through paypal, so if paypal wont dso **** I just call my CC company and they charge back the payment!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SRT2LS1
thats funny I am waiting on the exact same thing, with the exact same shipping date, Who did you buy it from. (PM if need be)

I think you have to wait atleast 45 befor filing a claim thru paypal, and you have to wait 40 days b4 you can say anything on here. So my way of backing my self up is that I pay eveything with my credit card through paypal, so if paypal wont dso **** I just call my CC company and they charge back the payment!
PM sent...it better not be the same guy!! I used my debit card (mastercard) thru paypal, so hopefully I'll have the same ability to deny the charge and get reimbursed leaving paypal holding the bag if they wont fix it.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:08 AM
12 Second Club

last thursday? id give him more than 3 business days before taking any action
Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man the last time it took 8 full business days from ship date to receive a part from Houston to Ft. Worth. The f - ing @$$hole sent it parcel post. If I would have known that, I would have paid him for priority shipping. Give it a few more days.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

Paypal is really good about claims. If you have all proof in your favor, you can start a claim and they will wait for a response from him. 90% of the time you will get your money back and they will have to pay.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Man that sucks keep us posted.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Still interested in the seller's username of both claims. I've been in your shoes a couple times and it really sucks. But the good thing is, paypal usually is really good about getting your money back and in a quick time.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
last thursday? id give him more than 3 business days before taking any action
thats not the problem....the part i dont like is he wont respond to any pm's., but like i said i'm patient.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats not the problem....the part i dont like is he wont respond to any pm's., but like i said i'm patient.
That was EXACTLY what I was saying. We are trusting someone with hundreds of dollars and they all of a sudden forget to hit the reply button.

anyway.

the guy pm'd me A tracking number (USPS) - no way to tell if its MY tracking number since it has no destination info...but its something. I'll give it a few more days.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It JUST NOW showed up... HORRIBLE packaging. Oh well, it doesn't appear to be damaged.

thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails When to start getting ticked...-cimg3911.jpg  

Last edited by gun4hire; 05-09-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

ya, 8 days is sooo long
Old 05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope you aren't talking to me because as I've clearly stated the shipping time is NOT THE POINT. Its the drop off in communication once the seller has your cash.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

No i know what you are saying, I would be worried to when you just had someone some cash with no communication
Old 05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

That sure is some packing job. i really dont want to see what his x-mas wrapping looks like !
Old 05-09-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripps
That sure is some packing job. i really dont want to see what his x-mas wrapping looks like !

...now the debate over whether to leave neg feedback related to the **** poor packing and lack of communication. Since he hasn't given me feedback related to my prompt paypal payment, I'm sure he would retaliate with a negative.