Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Caddy CTS-V trans fit f-body LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caddy CTS-V trans fit f-body LS1?

Hi,

I guess this is my first post here. I did some search but didn't find answers.
I was wondering if a CTS-V 6 speed trans will fit my LS1 engine (from a 98 Camaro, originally a manual trans car, I only have the complete engine now for a motor swap)

I usually hang out at HybridZ.org, a forum that concentrates on Datsun S30Z car and engine swaps. The motor and trans are indeed going into my 260Z. From what I gathered on the internet, the Z06 and CTS-V has a large bellhousing for "dual mass flywheel" and "twin clutch"..something like that. If the bellhousing is much larger than the T56 on F cars, then it might pose a problem.

Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 04:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes it fits, but you need to run the CTS-v pilot bearing, and spacer for the throwout/slave cylinder if your running any other lsx clutch, katech sells the spacer
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use all CTS-V stuff yes. The input is longer and so is the bell. If you space the CSC it is possible to use the Fcar hydraulics. You will . then have a problem with the shifter. The CTS-V shifter does not mount directly to the trans. Although you could convert the trans, there are many parts to swap and the $ will make it unattractive.