Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emi?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Emi?

I am looking for some advise from all of you that have installed a LS1 powertrain in non LS1 vehicles. And how you mounted the PCM, fuseblock, and throttle controller.

I am re-installing the complete powertrain from a 03 GM truck (5.3 with electronic throttle).

The PCM, fuse block, and throttle controller are now under the dash. Well mounted and seperated by some inches (as they were under the hood).

All the wiring From the vehicle (except the main power for the fuse block, and the functions inside the vehicle) will pass from the fuse block and PCM through one large opening in the firewall.

This design is complete but not yet tested or finished.

My concern is from EMI and how it may effect some of the sensors etc..

I did a search and only found reference to being carefull with the MAF wires.

But I see from the factory that these wires run with the Windshield washer pump. and then into the harness with the injector wires, throttle wires and other sensors.
Also the green and blue PCM plug wires (after 6 inches or so) join (in the factory harness) with all the pink wires (ignition) from the black fuse block connector.

So am I just worried about nothing here?

Or.

Is there anything else I should be aware of or change?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not too much to worry about.. the PCM is will shield and can withstand being mounted in the Engine bay.. you can move it into the interior... as I have, but I did that to keep the engine bay stock looking for the old car. People have mounted them in all type of positions and location.. I don't think anyone has had any major or minor problems. Wiring harness have been routed all sorts of ways also and have not cause enough EMI to worry about either.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I feel better now.......
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And good ground are a must. A lot of electrical problem a traced back to bad or not enough grounds.