Multiple engine misfire???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple engine misfire???

Alright, car is missing when driving. It seems like it is a periodic misfire, meaning one or two cylinders are missing, not different cylinders everytime. I changed the plugs/wires and nothing happened. I plan on checking the coils tonight, which I have no idea how to do.
Does anyone have any other ideas of what it could be, and also how to check the coils?
I am throwing the code for multiple engine misfires and also a 02 sensor has low voltage. Would the 02 sensor have anything to do with the misfire?

Also.... I live in san diego but was born and raised in texas for 18 years... so I had to come and ask the best state for advice.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, the O2 sensor failure can cause random misfire codes. Personal experience on this one. If an O2 sensor fails, that side of the car starts dumping fuel and it limps like a wounded dog.

-Mike
Old 05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned

does it clear up when you go WOT?

If you just changed the plugs then id say you may have cracked a plug. If it was doing it before the SES light on in your dash is your friend. Its telling you to replace an emission item if solid and its most likely the front 02 sensors.